HELP ME PLEASE

Username: Fearfactory

AlbanyAustralia

Post Number: 1
I have 2 rockford fosgate subs on a brain vibrations 1000w amp all is good but i just bought 2 pioneer 800w subs and a kenwood 1800w amp which i wish to use instead of the other amp, but i would like to know can i hook all subs to the one amp, i have looked at the wiring ports at the back of both amps the brain vibrations one has 4 outputs but the kenwood one only has 2 so yeah can i hook them all up to the one 1800w amp its a class D mono block. Any help would be great but please talk to me as if i am stupid cause i dont know what all this RMS and 2.366 stuff means

Cheers to you all from the land down under

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 921
dont mix subs. stick to either pair on a amp.

Username: Weezer4rock

Post Number: 7
I agree with Abarca. Also, you could over excert your amp and blow it if you try to hook them both up. Essentially that would be wiring them parrallel which reduces resistence and the amp may not be able to handle that small of a load!

Username: Fearfactory

AlbanyAustralia

Post Number: 2
hey cheers to you all so more questions wat if i were to have all the same subs could i then put them on the one amp or should i stick to 2 amps keep them both and have the 1800w for my rockford fosgates and the 1000w for my pioneers and wat ya mean by too small a load (told i know nothing)

Bronze Member
Username: Weezer4rock

Post Number: 11
Perhaps you've heard of ohms before? It's a reference to the resistance "load" of a speaker. Most are 4, 2 or 8 ohms. Most amps can't handle less than a 2 ohm load. Aside from that, having two different brand of subs probably won't mix very well, because each sub design has a different musical timbre. I'd try them both out and pick the one that sounds best.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 927
"I'd try them both out and pick the one that sounds best."

exactly what i was thinking.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 11
realisticly you can hook both amps up but will need a capacitor or your alternator will have a heart attack as your battery! and RMS is usually half(not always) the total wattage and this is what you wanna go by not TOTAL WATTS, total watts figures are based from a controlled lab experiment and the consumer cant acheive this level! so ALWAYS look for RMS on any car audio speaker or amp dont be fooled by people saying YEAH IT HITS HARD ITS 1600 watts But 80wx2 RMS. which brings me too my next point DONT BUY CUSPID products they flat out SUCK there wattage is high but RMS is Pathetic!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1534
FYI- The kenwood amp does 900w @ 2 ohms.

Read this....http://www.bcae1.com/ohm.htm

Check out some other things on the site too, it will explain most of your questions for anything.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7456
" will need a capacitor or your alternator will have a heart attack as your battery! "

LMAO. Do not listen to this guy. please.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 17
MS is obvious;y rich with deep pockets to constantly offer his opinion for pricey products like a ho alt compared to a cheaper more affordable capacitor! and yes i have had too much power drawing from my amp that has caused my car battery to die! since the capacitor i havent had the problem!Hmm maybe im on to something?!?! I wonder?

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 304
If you only use 1 sub amp for your best sounding pair of subs.... You should be alright on stock charging... would recommend a good battery. dont mix and match subs... Sounds like chit...

capacitors...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1541
"i have had too much power drawing from my amp that has caused my car battery to die! since the capacitor i havent had the problem!"

Maybe you forgot to hook the amp back up? Just a thought....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us