Kicker zx750.1 shuts off

Username: Centurybangin

Post Number: 4
Alright I just bought a zx750.1 amp to power my two type R's, it has been working fine so far but it has shut off a couple times when the music is really loud for like 5 seconds and then it comes back on. In the book it says it is probably not getting enough electricity.

The only reason why I can think of for it not getting enough power is because I have 10 gauge power wires hooked up and the book suggests 4 gauge, would that be why?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 520
um yes.

switch that out asap. 4 ga is ideal, might just want to run 1/0 gauge if you plan on upgrading later.

i cant believe you got any juice with 10 ga...when u switch it out those Type Rs will come alive!

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 917
get 4ga or smaller on that amp ASAP

Username: Centurybangin

Post Number: 5
Alright thanks a lot guys. Ya I just switched from an alpine mrd-m500 amp and the difference is amazing already I need to go get that 4 gauge wire.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1212
ether amp kicks azz but damn man you will be lucky u didn't hurt that kicker with that low of wire. heres a rule of thumb. 500 - 1000 rms, 4 guage or higher in wire. but remember the lower the number the thicker the wire is. also 400 or less rms 6 guage and thicker. your best bet is go 4 guage or higher. DO NOT run your system anymore with that tiny of wire or you WILL do damage.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3586
Get a Kicker CK4 ampkit complete with RCA's.

Kicker ampkits are good stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1533
It would be louder with he zx750.1 and proper wiring. Unless it's the old R's, i would switch back to the kicker amp.

Your subs are Dual 2 ohm correct?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us