What is the diffence!! HOT TOPIC!!

Dominic L.
what is the difference between a mono amp and a 2 channel amp? can a mono amp still be hooked up to two subs?

D0m

Dominic L.
meant difference on the topic lol..and someone plz help me..because the guy messed up on shipping said he realized he ran short on type: Audiobahn 8002t
(2 x 200 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms Stereo
2 x 400 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms Stereo
800 x 1 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms(Bridged)) Mono 2-chan amps and said he could give me a Audiobahn 8000t mono amp (400 x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohms 800 x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohms) instead? good deal or na?

Yes, a 1-channel amp can power two subs. Just make sure that the total load on the amp does not exceed it's rating.

As for whether or not it is a good deal:
If the 8002T makes 800w x 1 @ 4-ohm
and the 8000t makes 400 x 1 @ 4-ohm..

what do you think? How good is the deal? *laffs*

Dominic L.
well I wasnt really sure because I dont want to get a refund when I been waiting for awhile..and how much power would each sub be getting if I had both of them connected to the mono amp at 2 ohms (a8000t?)

Dominic L.
and plus wouldnt I still need to bring both amps down to 2ohms anyway to get 400rms out of the amp for each speaker?

teflondog
a mono amp is better in my opinion. it can run two subs and is usually stable down to 2 ohms and even sometimes 1 ohm. two channel amps on the other hand are only 2 ohm stable in stereo mode, but when it's bridged it is only stable down to 4 ohms.

motoman22
Teflon is right, it all depends on the load you want to put on the amp. Mono amps are more stable, period.

How many of and what exact speakers are you wanting to run with the amp? Are they single or dual voice coil, what OHM rating per voice coil?

We'll give you better advice with more specific info.

~cheers~

Dominic L.
dual voice coiled excursion 10" audiobahn subs (400rms a speaker)..and I told the guy I would take the mono amp instead of the 2chan..

thx again..

D0m
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us