Pioneer finally had a problem

Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 3
I bought the Pioneer DEH-6400 headunit about six years ago. It has survived a lot, my kid broke the faceplate latch onetime and I rode a while just taping it up until one day I got the courage to fix it. It has been a very good HU, but the other day I noticed that one of my subs was not working. I immediately assumed that I had finally blown one of my speakers. After further investigation today I discovered that no, the speakers are fine, it was the sub pre out on the back of the HU. Thank God that the model came with a spare preout for the front. I was at first sceptical about making the switch, but brought myself to believe that it wouldn't make a difference, maybe I couldn't use the built in subwoofer controls but who cares I didn't use them any way. So I hooked it up and it sounds great. But I am still disappointed that there is disfunction in my HU, what is going to be next? Is six years a good time for a cd player?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14167
Very good...lots of things dont last six years of daily use..but for what its worth. I have a Pioneer 6800, that i am selling for cheap...$135shipped and insured...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us