Compare amps and subs

Username: Sorrowharvester

Independence, Missouri U.S.

Post Number: 3
Just have a couple questions. I would like to know which of these would be better for a great system. first what subs should i go with FiBL,RESX or MT, or audioque HDC312-A. If something better comes to mind that will be in the 500 price range then let me know what will be a better choice. now for amps. Kicker 2500.1, AQ2200D. Or like the subs any that would be better just give me a shout. i need two twelves to put in a 5ft cubed box in a single cab truck. thanks

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1805
What exactly are you lookin for? Seems to me like more SPL than anything. What type of music do you listen to daily? What is budget for subs and amp?

Kevin

Post Number: 4
The budget is not the prob cause i can usually find anything super cheap online. Oh and what i am looking for is kinda in between SPL and daily music. i have studied so much about car audio but i am just trying to find the next best thing. The type of music I listen to is rap and techno. Whatever makes me def is what works. So pretty much i am just looking for some new names or just out right products that have been experimented with and will make everyone oooo and aaaah. so i guess dont worry about the budget i just need a comparison on the subs and amps i listed and then some more ideas of other products on top of that. Oh and one more quick ? when you build a fiberglass box. what brand of fiberglass is best and the stuff they put on top of the fiberglass is auto body filler. Is this right. I am just another car audio lover looking for something new. Thanks for answering all my ?'s.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 811
everyone has a budget...we can throw out subs n amps that will put you in a $500 budget or a $5000 budget

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1817
Well, take the HDC, BL, and MT off your list. For daily listening below 40hz, those subs will not be the best choice. The SX would work in that application better than the others.

Let start with the first main questions. What type vehicle do you have? Do you plan on upgrading charging system?

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Post Number: 5
I have a single cab dodge ram pickup and i just built a 5 cuft box thats ported to go behind the seats. I am buying a 200 amp HO alternator. a 20 farad capaccitor and a car audio battery for the system. I want two twelves that will turn heads like crazy and an amp that will push them with ease.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 901
scratch that cap Sorrow

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1820
What is your box tuned too? I hae a nice deal on a pair of RD Audio Alpha 12's. Can pair up with 2 1000d's or a single 1750.1 as well.

Kevin

Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 6
"i have studied so much about car audio but i am just trying to find the next best thing."

"i just built a 5 cuft box"

"a 20 farad capaccitor"

lol

Hey buddy if you know so much about car audio why did you already build your box when you don't even have speakers yet? And for crying out loud, you should know better than to buy a capacitor. Good Luck on the install.

Post Number: 7
First off I built the box first because i could not of made it any bigger. it is built to fit back there exactly with no space to spair. Oh and I built it for my cabin gain So I made it to where I have a big port that away when i roll down my windows it auctually uses my cab like a box. I dont understand how to tune it and i just said I have studied it alot not not that I know so much about it man JJ ur a di/< I get on here just to find answers and the only thing u can do is copy paste my shyt. Oh and for the f in capasitor JJ I would like to be able to run all my speakers still without wasting gas. even though I will have voltage drops but it will still feed the power I need to run mids and highs if not the subs. Why would it hrut to have the extra storage. Kevin the tuning would be figued out by saying that I have the 5 cuft box with a 20x3x14 slot port. Like i said i dont know how to tune them. Thanks kevin for helping me out man. oh and JJ Fu-Q. If u lived closer I would beat ur A. Dont say anything on here again and mock me all I want is help. I am new to this just like u were some time and I have a passion for it. come on here acting like a car audio B.A. can't u see kevin has it under control calmly.

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 7
Wow, I was under the impression that lol cured all ill feelings and sarcasm in text comments. Hey good for you that you are taking a interest in this hobby. I also congratulate on seeking info before just doing it because people should know what they are doing before jumping into stuff. I still don't agree with building a box before buying speakers because certain speakers require certain enclosures but whatever its your system. Being your from the show me state, you are going to have to show me that you can whoop me. A larger alt. would squash power concerns so forget the cap. Good luck to you bud, I hope that you have a positive experience on ecoustics.

Post Number: 8
Ok thanks man. Alot of people just get on here to start stuff and I thought u were just another guy trying to do so. thanks for all the tips. I was really just going for as much air space as I could because some of the subs I was looking at required like 2.2 to 3 cuft so since i have a wide veriety on subs I just built it. But if I dont need a cap then that will save some money. Do you have any input on maybe what type of subs would do really good with my setup. Oh and I am really trying to get someone to help me out with tuning how do u figure out what ur box is tuned to. If u could throw that info at me then that would be awsome. Sorry again though I just dont like when ppl actually get on forums just to laugh and make fun of someone trying to learn what they had to learn at one time. So if you could continue to help me out that would be great. So just to have everyday music played then should i go with the RE SX like kevin said and the kicker 2500.1 or do you have something else in mind. I would like to be able to find the subs somewhere on the net for around 300 to 500 a piece. I really do like ecoustics to it has a good setup.

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 8
I am definetly not the person to ask about what is a high quality sub or amp. My experience has only been with Earthquake, Kicker, fosgate, and I heard Crossfire once. I see that AudioPulse seems to be favored on here and if you can find this guy on youtube called singaboy he has 18 lms and the biyathces flex his whole car. The windshield moves like water. Try searching the forums for Good Bad and Ugly and check out their highly recommended. Also to determine port tuning go to the12volt dot com, they have a pretty good calculator. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us