Problem with amp

Bronze Member
Username: Deserteagle50cal

Post Number: 39
My amp will not cut off unless I pull the remote wire out. I put the wire in and it comes on. The radio is off the whole time. Isn't that backwards from what the remote wire should do? I have had the amp hooked up for about 5 months and never had a problem til 3 days ago when it started draining my battery. The amp is an Earthquake PHD5000. Please help if anyone knows what it could be.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 466
what is powering your remote wire? is it ocnnected to the head unit or a fuse? if its the head unit, make sure its the right wire(usually blue w/white stripe. If its a fuse then make sure its a a fuse that sees 12v only when the key is turned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
also if any of the strands from the power wire are touching the input for the remote on the amp, you would get this problem.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5279
your remote is getting 12V when your car is off.

Bronze Member
Username: Deserteagle50cal

Post Number: 40
The headunit is powering the remote wire. It is definately blue with white stripe. I will double check to make sure the power wire is not touching the input for the remote. Thanks guys. Anymore ideas let me know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
if you mounted the amp on the sub box, it could have rattled components on the inside of the amp to touch that shouldn't be touching

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7336
Earthquake amps are not good quality at all so in this case I would not be surprised if it is an internal failure.

Check your remote wire with DMM first though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us