Questions about the subs and amp im about to purchase

Bronze Member
Username: Mac1

Post Number: 12
Im about to purchase to following items
- a pair of 10" Orion H2 10.4's
- Orion 2500 amp
a) Will that amp be enough to handle both of those subs perfectly? b) Will 4 gauge power wire work for that amp c) Will I need another battery, or new alternator with that powerful of equipment d) Which type of enclosure would these subs sound best in? Thanks in advance for your help! P.S Im a serious bass junkie and was wondering if these subs will give me some teeth chattering bass if setup correctly?

Anonymous

Orion kicks butt dude

Bronze Member
Username: Mac1

Post Number: 13
Hey Glass, could you help answer my questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 40
Those are some massive subs. 2000 rms. YOu will only be able to wire those subs at 2 ohms. The amp puts out 1700 rms at 13.8 volts at 2 ohms so IMO it would work but if your a basshead I would look at another amp or get an amp for each sub. If you got an amp for each sub you would feed it 1700 rms and that would do you well. About the box I would port those bad boys. Also I would suggest a alt upgrade to around 200-300 amps. Another battery would be ok but its would be more used if your gonna run your system without starting the vehicle. Two batteries and a upgrade alt would be a good idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us