What wiring kit do i need and is my amp ok for the load?

Username: Hendry91

Leatherhead, Surrey United Kingdom

Post Number: 2
Hi, i have just bought a Alpine type r sub, Alpine type r 6x9s, some Kenwood in door speakers and i bought a Toxic TX-1200N 1200 watt amp. Can i wire all of these speakers to the amp and what wiring kit would i need, any help would be grateful.

Thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 185
wiring the sub and the 6*9's to the same amp is not a good idea. You'll end up damaging the something.

You have a to have two or 3 amps for your setup. 1 for the sub, and one for 6*9 and doot speakers. you could run these on separate amps if you wanted as well.

My knowledge on the Type R subs isn't too great but from what i've heard these bad boys can take a lot of punishment so you might need to buy a new amp to get the most out of it.

with regards to wire gauge, heres a link with some information on it http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1530
that looks like a basic 4 ch amp.

What you can do is bridge two channels to run the sub (we would need to know whether it's the 2 or 4 ohm version to tell you how it needs to be wired).
And you can run the 6x9's and door speakers on the other 2 channels.

An 8 ga amp kit MIGHT work ok, but to be sure it would probably be a good idea to go with 4 ga, plus it would give you room to add another few hundred watts worth of amp power in the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us