MTX SVC 6000 & Pioneer 4ch 400w amp???

Spud
Unregistered guest
K, so I bought a mtx 6000, the svc one, yesterday and I wanna hook it up till my real subs come in. Btw, i'm new to the system world but i've been reading and studying for months.. so I'm getting there.

A guy a couple shops down from my shop wants to sell me a pioneer 4ch 400w amp. o, and the wiring to, all for 120 bucks. Seems good..

My question is.. it's a 4channel amp.. going to a SVC 4ohm sub. Here's is what I think I can do...

I ordered the Alpine 9833, Infinity Kappa's Components 5.25s, and a MTX 342 amp. I'm eventually going to go with (2) Diamond audio 8"s for my subs, and a nice memphis amp to pwer them. Probally..

UNLESS, I really like this MTX 6000, I got it for cheap so.. u kno..

Anyways.. I have a 2004 ranger reg cab, i'm keeping my stock rears, and already have the fronts and a amp for them for them to be fine.

What I was thinkin I could do is, bridge only 2 channels of the 4 channel pioneer, and then use that to power the sub. Which in common sense for me would mean 200w to a 250rms sub. Seems good.. for now..

I haven't read up on much multi- channel amps.. so i'm not sure, but logically you can't make a 4channel to a 1? Just doesn't add up.. but cool if you can.

Ok, so let's say I have 2 channels bridged then connected to the mtx6000. Then i'll have TWO more channels just chillin..

What If I hooked them up to the rear speakers? one channel to each speaker? I'm not really sure on the wattage of each channel or the stock rears.. but I was just wondering if this would work. I'm not to bright on the multi-channels yet.

Also, might as well just give me advice on getting the pioneer 400w 4ch, for my mtx 6000. Think it'll sound good? If I bridged 2 channels it should just send exactly 200w to my mtx? Hopefully.. then maybe this might just work out.. yes it'll be under powered.. but for about 120 for the brand new amp and wiring kit.. and about 40 bucks for the almost new sub and brand new box.. can't beat it..

It's the damn alpine 9833 and infinitys that are eating up my moneys hahah

thank ya.. sorry it took so long to get to the point.. i like to type..

lata
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us