AudioBahn AW 1206T Flame Q a good buy or not?

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
need some advice on if I should get an AudioBahn AW 1206T Flame Q sub or not...and also if I do get it, what would be a good amp to buy that is strong enough to power it.

Anonymous

Don't get it. Not as good as the looks. Sounds like crap. Get a Kicker CompVR 12 2+2 ohms

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
so even though it cant handle as many watts it will sound better and bump harder?

what other brands to you recommend over AudioBahn?

also what amp should I get with that kicker sub?

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
another thing I might do is get two 10" subs instead of one 12".... do u think the two 10's would sound better?

Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 1
no i have that sub and it kill the kicker compvr 12, yesterday

it needs power to move no lie
1200w amp and 4g or 0g wiring
1 facap

this sub for serious basser only

Post Number: 2
it is true audiobahn was not good afew years ago
go to car shows and basser shows and you will see audiobahn running it

Anonymous

If not a kicker then a Adire Shiva And a JBL 600.1 and it will KILL alvin and his crap audiobahn.

Anonymous

Well Alvin then why did Pioneer win last years DB Drag

Anonymous

audiobahn 1206t rocks but it is made for sq and power

www.audiobahn.com and see the top subs

go to ebay to buy

this subs is $123 on ebay

Post Number: 3
it was about time for them any way
i love pioneers, but i dont think people should
put down audiobahn like that

Post Number: 4
those two about cost more than my 1206t

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
hmm this is confusing....all i need is either a good 12" or two good 10"s that will sound good...and bump hard...and it has to be affordable

also an amp that will power it

some people say audiobahn is crap and other ppl say it is the best....i dunno who to listen to lol

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
yeah the 1206t was the one i was thinking about getting

its not too expensive but it takes a lot of power

Anonymous

AUDIOBAHN IMMORTAL SERIES

NOW COME GET SOME!!!!!!

Post Number: 5
it does take alot of power

and you will need two 1206t

my 1 will beat most 12' out there
people are shock that only 1 12' is hit like it does.
and they are often kicker, infinity, and jbl folk

if you want to save money go for two 10'

this sub will cost you

Post Number: 6
go to www.audiobahn.com to find out more about the sub. u may see something else

someone
Unregistered guest
Seriously, audiobahn is made poorly and doesn't sound all that good. If you like yours Alvin then that's cool, but he can get much better stuff for that price range.

SomeGuy
Unregistered guest
ok so what brands are better??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
are you talking about of audiobahn sub or this 1206t

it stood well against w7> jl/1000 and 13w> jl/1000
yesterday

and it was cool, it just take alot to move these subs. jl/1000 has this sub moving right

Anonymous

someguy get a adire shiva and a JBL 600.1 you will be ALOT happier believe me. I have had audiobahn and their are just all about looks and SQ sucks on them SPL is OK but with the shiva you will get both. and get one for $125 shipped your choice LOOKS or sound I will let you choice but in the end if you go with audiobahn you will have wished you would have got the SHIVA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
what model anonymous? thats all i ask

and yeah adire shiva >jl 600.1 is a good set-up my friend hook he's up two week ago. two shiva sub and two jl 600.1 amp, one for each sub
sound sweet but my aubiobahn 1206t gives him the run for the money....once i brought a good amp for it<lol>

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 266
The reason Audiobahn "needs" that much power to move is because the subs are designed very poorly. Look at the Theile small Parameters, it takes 1100W RMS to get that sub to it's +/- 18mm X-max. Their Immortals take 2000W RMS and list a +/- 14.5 mm X-max. A JL Audio 13W7 has over 30mm x-max. ID MAX has around 25 mm. Those subs do it with 1000W RMS if not a little less. You get what I'm saying? Comparing the Shiva and the Flame Queef, Adire Shiva hits a 16 mm x-max with 300-400 watts RMS, while a Shiva has more surface area at 481 cm^2 while the Audiobahn's is 440 cm^2, pretty close to balancing out the volume of air pushed. If you want to waste that extra 700+ watts to get the same output, you can, but I'll spend less and draw less current with a better sub and amp. Throw that Flame Q in a ditch and get the two Shivas your friend is running, then put it on whatever amp you're using that pushes close to 1100 watts, then you'll outhit him for sure.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 268
By the way, your friend isn't running but 300 watts from each amp if each sub gets it's own amp, the Shiva's are Dual 8 ohms, putting a 4 ohm load on each amp, which is 300W RMS. He would have done better with one 1200.1. One 600.1 would give the same power he has now if wired to a 2 ohm load. So tell him that in case he can get his money back or exchange for one 1200.1. That's really sad for you since you can only give a "run for the money" to a setup with 600W instead of 1200 like you thought.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 269
Sorry, the newer Shivas are 4 ohm, not dual 8, but they're still only getting 300W RMS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
by the way i was pushing my audiobahn with 400watt at the time, he told me i wired my system wrong completely.
anyway my one sub>1206t blew his way at 550watt.
i now have a 1800.d amp 4ohn- 1200watt.
he got mad and updated to 2-12w7 2 jl 1000/s > $1200 set-up
no lie it is sweeeettttt, but my cheap a$$...
2-aw1206t 2-1300t > $500 set is just a step lower than his system....

yeah some of audiobahn system do suck!!!!
but the aw1206t and up system are tight

immortal are for comp!!! have you price jl/kickers/pioneers comp system and power needs?

the only thing high wattage system is good for is taking pounding for a long period for time..
im wrong cool, ive seen jl 12w7 speaker blow at a spl show and audiobahn/kicker too

Anonymous

Jonathan I have to DISAGREE with you about that 300watts RMS with a JBL 600.1. IF they are each wired @ a 2ohm load then they are getting 600 watts RMS from each JBL 600.1. JBL 600.1 amps put out 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms so you are wrong about that 300 watts RMS. I got a friend that has 2 Shivas and 2 JBL 600.1 and they are each getting 600 watts RMS we wired each of them @ 2ohms on each amp.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 313
That's what I'm saying. He said he had two adire shivas (4 ohm) and two JBL 600.1s, one pushing EACH sub, so each sub gets one JBl running a 4 ohm load, which is 300W RMS from each amp. Each sub gets 300W. They can't be wired for a 2 ohm load unless the both subs are hooked to one amp. Shiva only comes in 4 ohm, there are no other options.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 314
Shivas either have dual 8 ohm coils, or the newer shivas have a SVC 4 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us