Username: Beatin_down_yo_block

Okalhoma City, Oklahoma United States

Post Number: 5
How can i get 14.4 volts to my amps..

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 75
how many amps is it? is your alternator stock? most amps are 12 volt. if your voltage is dropping below 12 volts. you need a high output alternator.

Post Number: 6
its TWO crossfire 600d amps for my subs 8 10" crossfire 310d's , And i need TWO more amps: a 4 channel and a 2 channel in order to power my 6: 6x9s im going to put in the back window, i need ONE more 4 channel to power my component set in the kicker panels and a pair of 4x6's in the dash .. so thats a total of FIVE amps..

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 76
yes you'll definately need a High Output alternator. do the big 3 upgrade with 2/0 wire for good measure.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 77
my yahoo IM address is djskills1990@uyahoo.com unstant message me and i'll reply next time i'm at the computer

i want to see some pictures of this setup

Post Number: 7
Ok will do,, so i need to get a 300amp alternator is that what you meant by the "big three"..

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1392
^no thats not what he means. Big 3 is 1/0 gauge wire upgrade from alt postive to battery postive, battery negative to chassis, and chassis to engine block. Basically your just adding on to ur stock wiring. And def need an h/o alt.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 78
thats right you can pick up some 1/0 wire from www.knukoncepyz.com they are pretty reasonable.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7265
Not all electrical systems sit a 14.4 volts some are 13.8 for example. As long as it's above 13 it's good.

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 65
State property, are you saying to add to stock wiring. i leave them on along with the new wires or do i replace the wiring with 0 gauge wire.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1402
no u dnt remove stock wiring when doin the big 3 unless you want to spend/waste more time doing it. lol, eveybody just adds 1/0 gauge wire on to it, its perfectly fine thats what i did. the currents will just flow through the wire which has less resistance which would be the 1/0 gauge wire.

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 67
ok thanks

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1404
no problem dude, and if u need wire i got the hook up for u, Paul Larrea in the subwoofer section. he has 40 ft of 1/0 gauge left. thats where i bought mine to do the big 3.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5267
i think you might check your remote when using 5 amps, IMO that's too much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
MESSAGE TO STATE PROP.. yo if i told the guy up at my audio shop, you think he'd know what the big 3 was.. bcuz i wanna hook it up right like what you're saying, but i may need some help on it, doesnt seem like a "do it yourself"

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7280
If you have any expierence doing basic work on vehicles you can do the big 3.

And I agree with juliob, 5 amps is getting to the point where you may want to use a relay on the remote turn on circuit. You HU would probably be ok without, but why chance it.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1419
Dude its very easy and it is a do it yourself if you know what your doing. If you dont know what your doing i highly suggest dont attempt it as u could fu*k something up on your car...but here's a link, i know you dont have a S-10 truck but its useful info on how to do the big 3.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/big-three-big-3-upgrade-how-to-321309/

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1577
Thats alot of mixed speakers this guy is putting in. Does anyone think that it will sound good? He could probably do better with two amp and the right speakers....

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5272
first time i agree with you lucas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what do you mean fellas, im new to this. Im just trying to go all out. Im just trying to buy this stuff myself, instead of being ripped off buy the people at the stereo shop you feel me?? then i'll go to them to put this stuff in, later on... but could you explain to me what you think i should do...Okay now i have a 1979 Chevy Impala Caprice Coupe, with the "curve in the back window" Now I have 8: 10" 4ohm subs and the the 2 amps for them ALREADY... now I just need to do my highs, now im goin with 6 6x9's in the back window for sure and there 100watts rms and that means i have to go with ONE 4 channel and ONE 2 channel, am i right? now what else should i go with for up front?? LUCAS AND JULIOB???

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1579
I think your going the right route of doing it yourself if you can handle it. Stereo shops are overpriced in my opinion. Although when you buy from a stereo shop your also buying a warranty.
Ani ideal system would consist of one speaker, but since you probably cant find one speaker to cover all of your frequencies then we will have to divide the frequencies. We send the ultra-lows to the sub and the mids to a mid driver and the highs to a tweeter. The more speakers that you use though the more problems you are likely to have.
I would go ahead and run your 8 10's in the back and try to find a nice set of components for the front. I would probably scratch the rear speakers. Just my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
so you dont think that'll be tight, having 6 6x9's in the back window... whats a nice component set, and no im not cheap, just lay it on me..lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
so you dont think that'll be tight, having 6 6x9's in the back window... whats a nice component set, and no im not cheap, just lay it on me..lol
And i dont want my subs over powering my mids and highs though...

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1593
here are a few nice components:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1138

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2869

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5545

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3945

Any one of these should supply all of your mids and highs. Dont starve them of power though. I have the Diamond Audio S600. They are 170 Watt RMS and I am putting 400 watts to each. Sounds great and I have 4 12"'s that hit 150db. If they can keep up with my system then they should be able to keep up with yours and sound much better than a wall of 6 x 9's.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 81
imo a wall of 6x9 would not be s good as these comps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
ok ok, so i was checking them out, now here it is I;ll either go with the diamond audio or the eclipse, now bottom line which is better...??? cant believe your putting that much power to your diamonds :o, what amp do you have ??

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1600
I like the Diamonds better, but thats just because thats what I have and they've been very reliable. I'm pushing them with a Kicker KX800.4. The trick is to cross them over high and make sure you do not clip them. I set my gains with an oscilliscope. It sounds great. Its very loud and clear. It keeps up with my 4 x SW9122's. I did change the tweaters out to Beyma's though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
ok i'll get those then, and OH the deal with the 6x9's that was my brothers idea, he has an el camino with a wall of 6: pioneer 5-way 6x9's right behind the two seats.. and 4 10" DD's in the bottom space, with the port blowin in between the two seats..!!!! AND ITS CRAZY GOOD SOUNDIN...

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 427
go with a 3way Rainbow Profi Set up front
those diamond speakers cannot compete with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
where do i find those at Lil jon,,???
I was plannin on pickin those up this week

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
where do i find those at Lil jon,,???
I was plannin on pickin those up this week

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1601
Hey Ben I noticed you are from OKC. Where are you going to school? I live just south of Norman.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
hey whats up man, i live out by 122 n Penn, close to Quail Springs Mall... I go to school up at Osu Okc,,,

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1602
Cool Cool. I wouldn't mind seeing your install/system. I'll bet its intense with all those subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us