Need Advice on System (Jonathan/Glasswolf/Anyone Else)

osc
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Please recommend some 6.5" speakers and an amplifier. Details below.

Current Setup:
1993 Honda Civic Dx Hatchback
Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9833
->Front Speakers: Stock 6.5" with a Maximum Mounting Depth of 2.775". Please recommend.
Rear Speakers: None (Don't plan on purchasing)
Subwoofer: Infinity 1030W 10"
->Amplifier: None. Please recommend.

*Front Speaker Budget: About $175 USD
I think I am going to be purchasing Infinity 62.5Is for my front stage, do you have any other recommendations on what type of speakers I should buy?

One problem that Crutchfield has told me is that I have a surface mounting height of 0.5" and that most speakers will not fit in my front panel. I measured the distance from the mounting surface to the panel and the distance I recorded was about 1.5". Will fitting the 62.5Is or any other recommended speaker be a problem with the 0.5" mounting height (as given by Crutchfield)?

*Amplifier Budget: About $350 USD
I have no clue as to what type or how many channels my amp should support, please make some suggestions.

Thanks for any advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 69
double check the speaker fit on sounddomain.com

crutchfield told me I'd have to cut some of the factory plastic behind the speaker, but that turned out not to be true, the speaker fit with no problem.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3361
look at CDT classics, Infinity kappa or kappa perfect 6.1, and focal utopias. it's not too hard to work around mounting depth issues if you don't mind a little bit of fab work.
as for an amp, look at kicker or MTX.
good amps, and they should be under $300.
for one pair of separates, I'd go with a 4 channel amp and bridge it to 2 channels if you want an amp around 100w x 2 for a strong front stage
That or even look at the JBL GTO amplifiers in 2 or 4 channels
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us