Need help with this amp!

Dominic L.
Ok, it is a audiobahn 8002T amp, intake series.

Features:

Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry
PWM MOSFET Power Supply
Semi-Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
THD : 0.02%
S/N Ratio > 100dB
Frequency Response : 10Hz - 40KHz (+ / - 1dB)
Variable 18dB High Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 750Hz
Variable 18dB Low Pass Crossover : 50Hz- 120Hz
Bass boost on / off
Subsonic Filter :20Hz - 50Hz
RCA Throughput Connections
3-way Protection Circuitry : Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, Cooling Fans
Cobalt Blue Illumination
High Gloss Chrome Plated Finish
Nickel Plated Block Terminals
Air Induction Fan Cooled
RCA and Speaker Level Inputs
4 Ohms Stereo : 200 x 2
2 Ohms Stereo : 400 x 2
4 Ohms Mono : 800 x 1
2 Ohms Mono : N /A
Dimension(H x W x D) : 1 7/8" x 9 7/8" x 11 7/8"

good amp or no? what RMS rate could I get at 2 ohms mono setup?

Please help, need fast response.

D0mw0n

teflondog
that amp is not stable down to 2 ohms mono. if you try to hook it up like this, it will shut itself off and go into protect mode. it is a very good amp though. in 4 ohms mono, it's enough to hit 140 db with the right sub.

Dominic L.
I got 2 10" audiobahn excursions that hit 400 RMS..any ideas of what I should do to hook it up right?

thx for help teflondog
ill check this in morning if your still up

d0m

teflondog
do the subs have dual voice coils? if they do and they are dual 4 ohm, then wire the subs in series and then parallel to each other. this would make them 2 ohms each, which would give you 400x2 watts. don't bridge the amp since it is not stable to 2 ohms. this is a great setup and has a lot of power. you will definitely set off car alarms. with 400x2 watts, i was able to hit 159 db.

Dominic L.
yah the subs have dual voice coils, what kind of box would you reccomend for this setup?

D0m

teflondog
the type of box depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. a sealed box will be accurate and have a tight bass. a ported box will hit low and super loud but not be as accurate. you have to sacrifice loudness with a sealed box, while with a ported you sacrifice accuracy. you can't have your cake and eat it too. by the way, if you decide to get a ported one, be prepared to give up a lot of trunk space. i prefer sealed boxes since they don't have to be as big.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us