Prelude New Setup

Username: 96prelude

Post Number: 1
A while back you guys helped me out with my Jeep Cherokee budget system. It ended up sounding alright, but it was mostly bass and nothing else(I bought cheap knockoff speakers((Unamped)) and had two 12" type s running off a hifonics amp.

I recently aquired a 96 prelude and want to make a good sounding system instead of a crappy semi-lound one like last time. I listen to everything, but mostly rap. As far as budget goes I
dont really have a set one, but i want to spend around 5-600 dollars.

So I need a:
headunit (alpine or pioneer maybe?)
Prolly only one good set of speakers 6.5's(since it is a prelude)
Amp(need lots of help here)
I also have two alpine type s 12's and can utilize one of them in the trunk.

Any suggetions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1038
ditch the type - s they will get nowhere near as loud as you want. thier also really low end on alpines list of parts. go with comps that i'm sure someone else can chime in with since thier not my specialty. pioneer or alpine it's really your preference thier not to much more i can say other then pioneer premiers are looked at as the best choice in pioneers lineup. subs wise if u want to stick to local a type -r would be a best bet prob ported but if u need space sealed is good to. u need to build a custom box i learned the harway nothing beats it. amp wise alpines line up, depending on the hifonics rms that will prob do you fine to. your best bet though is to post this in the sub section not headunits but post your budget and with u want sq or spl. just make it all clear. what i gave though is a rough outline of what to stay with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us