Do i need to upgrade?

Bronze Member
Username: Basslovin24

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 19
i have a 600 rms amp in my car powering my 15" sub. the lights dim a little bit. ive got stock everything with a 4 guage amp kit. im upgrading to a kicker zx750.1 amp and a L7 15". will this little increase in rms cause me to need to upgrade anything in my car? or am i fine with what i have since its only a little dim as it is right now?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7063
Don't get an L7 if you want any sort of sound quality at all. Or if you want your sub to last.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7609
I know quite a few people who have had L7s for years.You'll only blow them up if you're a complete noob and you have all your settings wrong or lack the proper charging system. So don't worry about your L7s lasting.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7067
If I had a dime for every L7 I've seen with a cracked cone or sagging spider..... they weren't all owned by noobs the things are just built like crap. Which is also a good way to describe how they sound.........

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 20
well i have an L5 15" right now and it been hitting hard for ages. its been passed around by like 5 different people i know before i got it and its still taking a beating so idk what your talking about when you say they are trash. i like all kicker car audio and im sticking with it. and so far nobody has even tried answering the question. id appreciate it if someone would not try to preach to me about brands and just talk about my lights dimming and my question i asked. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 27
i wouldn't do anything just to go to zx750. example. in my car i have a sony 1000w and a kenwood KAC 628. i have issues like that.

Some people on this forum don't like Capacitors, however one woild prob benifit you in this situation. They say that caps are just a bandaid. FYI caps are used in bass competitions and they are in the amps we talk about. im getting one for my car. this should stop the dumming, keep in mind that if you dont wire it up correctly, it wull not work. if they say somin about the cap. have em pm me.

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 21
alright cool. thats what i needed to kno. finally someone has an intelligent answer. i was planning on getting a farad cap to help the dimming and my friends have put them in their cars and its helped so ill kno how to hook it up. thanks bro

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7095
Hahahahaha LMAO. If you read any of this guys other posts you'd know that hes anything but intelligent. He thinks Sony is the best, capacitors will help an inadequate electrical system, need I say more.

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 22
well at least he's smart enough to figure out what the actual question was and not waste people's time with opinions on brand names. looks to me like you never even attempted solving my question. that doesnt seem very intelligent to me.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 29
"well at least he's smart enough to figure out what the actual question was and not waste people's time with opinions on brand names. looks to me like you never even attempted solving my question. that doesnt seem very intelligent to me." Chet, i couldn't have said it better my self.

M.S, all i can say to that is " you'll always reap what you sow"

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 541
dont even listen to Wares on this forum chet.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 30
idk snow, i a lil unsure of you to. and besides chet is right

Gold Member

Post Number: 7649
M.S. just loves to talk sh1t about L5s and L7s just like the rest of the internet guys. Truth is when taken care of they'll last. My brother has had a L7 for damn near 5 years now and hasn't had any issues. I have 2 friends each running a pair of L7 15s that have been going for nearly 3 years. These are all in proper ported enclosures though and aren't being used by the average car audio noob. M.S. can talk all the sh1t he wants about Kicker subs but make your own judgement. Hell, ask Marc or D-Money of this forum and they'll tell you about their Kicker subs and how they didn't just blow up instantly. They've had them for quite some time already. I doubt M.S. has even used and blown a Kicker square sub but whatever, he can keep talking his sh1t.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7133
Damn right I haven't. With those being the abosulte most common subs I see blown I would never buy one.

And even if it weren't for that, they sound like crap. Antoher reason I'd never buy one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7661
"Damn right I haven't. With those being the abosulte most common subs I see blown I would never buy one. "

The reason for this is because they're probably the most commonly sold 200 dollar sub. I've gone to the flea market and seen 5 pairs of them sold in a matter of 5 minutes, it's crazy how many people buy the squared Kicker subs. Most of these people are big time noobs so this doesn't help when it comes to them blowing up. Another problem is that they're mass produced, this allows for quality to go down or to be lacking just as M.S. has mentioned. HOWEVER, they're not complete trash and they serve their purpose and that's to create bass, does it sound like sh1t? You can be the judge of that, sound is all opinion and to one it may sound great and another it will sound like crap. Kind of how some men are attracted to fat girls and think they're gorgeous(M.s. likes the fatties!) and another guy will find them disgusting(Anything over 120 and I need a couple drinks). ANYHOW, L5s and L7s aren't that bad as far as blowing up goes as some people make them out to be BUT I'll admit that they won't take abuse of some other subs such as Atomic, DD, Shocker or RD.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 31
i think you the only one on here that really makes any sense. rob

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 61
im been reading alot of post for about 6months now. trying to learn about audio systems and so far everything MS has posted is true that guy knows hes sh!t.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7749
"im been reading alot of post for about 6months now. trying to learn about audio systems and so far everything MS has posted is true that guy knows hes sh!t."

Haha, there's a lot more people that know things about car audio than just M.S. . If you're trying to learn how could you know that everything someone says is right? That kind of makes me laugh...

Platinum Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1976
"Haha, there's a lot more people that know things about car audio than just M.S. . If you're trying to learn how could you know that everything someone says is right? That kind of makes me last"

ya some ppl thank they know eerthang
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us