What amp should I run to my kicker 12" Solo X

Username: Murph_rugby

Post Number: 1
Hey, I just got a kicker 12" solo x and am looking for an amp to run it. I am a bit tight on cash right now but i dont want to buy an amp that will not fully power it. I want to go kicker, so that Everything is matching, and was thinking that the zx2500.1 would match it the best. Its a bit out of my price range right now but i will wait if I have to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to power the sub differently? Possibly 2 zx1000.1. Also, if anyone knows a good place to get them (cheaper) let me know. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7034
If price is an issue you bought the wrong sub, those things need a TON of power. The ZX2500 is around the minimum I'd run on it.

And you you realise how much electrical system upgrades you will need to run an amp that big? HO alternator, big 3, battery.

If you are looking for a good quality amp that doesn't have to be a kicker, get an Audioque 2200d, $389. The thing about the electrical system stands though.

Post Number: 2
Yeah I know, I have a dry cell optimum battery, and I'm geting an alrenator. Price isn't an issue really, I'll just have to wait a bit to get the money. If you had to pick an amp for it, regardless of the price, would you still get the 2200d?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7600
If I were getting an amp with price not mattering I'd get a DDZ series amplifier. You should look into a DD M3 amplifier if you want something closer to 2,500 watts RMS that is very efficient.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7046
Agreed, price no object I'd get DD Z1 amp for that sub. 4000w+ at 12v and very efficient. You're looking at $1000+ for a used one and I can't even imagine what they cost new.

Post Number: 3
K, thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us