Will 2 kickers zx1000.1 amps be enough power for my subs

Username: Lil_troy

Post Number: 1
i have a 1995 cadillac deville and i have been going to put a system in it for a while but didnt have the money i got the subs i just need to order everything else basically
im pretty sure that these amps will be enough to push the subs the there potiential but i wanted to make sure
i have 4 subs
2 12' alpine Rs dual voice coil
500rms
1500 peak
2 12' kicker cvrs
400 rms
800 peak

i want to know if those amps would be good enough to make a good system
im THINKING about ordering a 2 farad capasitor but im not realy sure if i need it
yet im changing the head unit and the the front speakers and would also lik to know if i would need a new amp other then the stock one for the front speakers

pleese help thank you

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1289
I wouldn't put both of those sets of subs in there if thats what you were planning, plus I don't think your stock alternator will handle that both those amps.

If the type R's are dual 2 ohm subs, then they will work great with a zx1000.1

As for the speakers, I would buy a new amp for the front speakers.

Get yourself a solid HU, a good speaker/amp combo, and a box built to specs for those type R's and you should have a good setup.

Don't worry about a capacitor. Save your money for more important things.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6961
Capacitors don't do anything so skip that.

And don't mix different subs in the same system, that will cause cancellation and/or really bad frequency response (translation: sounds bad).

The best thing to do is what donnie said, use the type R's. You wouldn't be able to run both amps on a stock alternator anyways.

And definetly make sure you get a good box built to the specs of those subs, box is more important than the speaker you put in it. You can easily make anything sound like sh!t by putting it in a prefab box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us