Type r

ok. i got 1 12 inch type r, 2 ohm, dual voice coil in a sealed box. a jvc deck with 1 pre out, the 4 gauge wire. im thinking about getting a mempis m class mono 500 watt amp. would this be a great amp for this sub, or should i get something a little smaller. i heard that this am would kick the sh1t out of this sub, and i plan on getting the alpine 9805 in a month or so.im just wandering if the amp i am getting is too much for the sub, or perfect.

teflondog
even if the amp is more than the sub can handle, it's always good to have more power because you don't want to turn the gain up all the way on amps. people match their amps perfectly with their subs. for example, you have a 300 watt amp and a 300 watt sub. sounds perfect right? well it's not because in most cases you can't turn the amp up to its max without it distorting. so you'd end up having to turn it down a little which would mean the amp would only put out about 250 watts. just adjust the gain on your amp so it doesn't blow out that type r.

yea, thats great, because if i have the amp all the way up and the radio is real low, i can use the remote that comes with it to turn it down when i turn the radio up. my car has loud a$$ stock speakers.i got a 2000 mustang with the mach 460 system, and i plan on getting an alpine 9805 receiver in a month or so, and it has single amp settings on it, so i can make the sub down/ off/ or on with the push of a button wich is tight.and if i wanted to get another sub, i would just get the same as the other, 12 type r with bad a$$ memphis amp in a separate box. but all i have already has costed me arond 800 bucks for 1 sub amp deck, box wires and instalation. the other half is something i half to find out about at circuit city on tuesday when i get it hooked up

teflondog
alpine receivers are my favorite. most of them have built in equalizers so you have total control of your system. these are the #1 headunits used in competitions.

well, got everything installed, the guy that sold me the amp said it took 4 gauge wire, but curcuit city showd me how the 4 gauge wire wouldnt fit unless they shave off the tips and make it 8 guage, so i was disapaointed with that, any ways, the sub works awesomely, exept i cant tell any difference when i use the remote for the amp. and the curcuit city people said that the sub will take anything i throw at it, so im going to get another 12 with another amp probley, after i get a chip for the muskrat.

teflondog
congratulations on the setup. one thing i hate about car audio is that you'll always end up wanting more. with 2 type r's you'll do a lot of pavement pounding especially with two amps. if the remote doesn't work, you can consider getting an equalizer. discountsjungle.com has a clarion eq for less than $80 that does a good job of controlling sub frequency and volume. it's personally my favorite eq because it's simple and good for daily listening.

Anonymous
wow, i have never done business with you but i don't care if i use you or n ot, i probably would use you though.

willy bee
ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, i am so mad at other compan ies but i liked doing business with you guys.

Anonymous
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, you have hot employies

Anonymous
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, you have hot employies
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us