Wire size question

Bronze Member
Username: Basslovin24

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 14
i have a small amp kit in my pathfinder i have now. im upgrading to a big system. i found a good deal on a 0 guage amp kit but it has no rca's in it. is it fine to keep the rca's from the smaller kit and reuse them? or do they need to be upgraded?

also i need to get my alternator rewired to make it bigger is what i was told. what amperage do i need it to be? im hooking up a t30001bd amp. i already have a yellow top battery.

thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15091
RCA's carry a signal, not wattage.

Having your alt rewired to make it bigger? You mean you're upgrading your alt to a HO unit and up sizing the wire right? I hope?

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 15
well idk exactly what i need for the alternator. but im planning on upgrading the big "3". will the company i get the battery from upgrade those three wires for me? and tell me your thoughts about what i need to do about the alternators. i dnt know much about them. i just heard you can rewire them to be bigger.

thanks for helpin

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6876
HO alternator is what you need, don't bother trying to rebuild a stock one

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 16
what price would that run? can you send me a link or something so i can get an idea what a HO alt. is. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7466
An HO alternator is just a "High Output" alternator. There are a few companies out there that make them, just do a google search and see who makes them for your vehicle but post back on here and let us know what you pick out before you purchase anything.

Bronze Member

Washington U.S.

Post Number: 18
what amp alternator do i need to be looking for? i dont know how to figure that out. i have a 1995 nissan pathfinder. once i know what size alternator i need ill be on my way for searchin

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6890
http://www.motorcityreman.com/nissan.html

Very good company to deal with. Get the biggest alternator possible for your vehicle. Idle amperage is importnant also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us