Amp/Sub Wiring

Scott
I have an Alpine 3554 2 channel amp stable to 2 ohms. My question is can I hook that up to a Kenwood KFC-3002 12", 4 ohm, single voice coil sub? If so, how would I do it. Thanks in adavance

teflondog
does the sub have dual voice coils? if it does then wire it parallel to reduce the load to 2 ohms. then bridge the amp to it. if you have no idea what i'm talking about then visit alpine's website. it has some info on speaker wiring.

teflondog
oops. my mistake. i missed the part about the sub being single voice coil. well since it's single voice, then you have no choice but to run it at 4 ohms. the way you hook it up is by bridging the amp to the sub. connect the + of the left channel to the + connection of the sub. then connect the - of the right channel to the - connection of the sub. the - of the left channel and the + of the right channel are not used when bridging the amp.

junior mafia
first of all,, a alpine 3554 is a 4 channel amp,, and it is not stable down to 2 ohms in bridged mode,,,

Does anyone have the specs on a 3554? I need to know what max watts on it are. If anyone has specs please email me direct at tvj67@aol.com. Thanks

TED KISOSIKI
NO YOUR A RETARD NOT EVREY AMP IS DESIGNED TO RUN AT 2 OHMS INFACT IF YOU RUN IT AT 2 OHMS YOUR AMP WILL CREATE ITS OWN RESISTANCE INTERNALLY MOSRT COMPANYIES JUST TELL THAT TO YOU TO SELL IT BUT IN ANY CASE JUST BUY UN SOUND STREAM AMP AND ITS STABLE TO .5 OHM IF YOU CAN FIND A SUB THAT IS STABLE AT THAT SO IN ANY CASE JUST LET REAL INSTALLERS HOOK YOUR STUFF UP AND YOU WONT CATCH YOUR CAR ON FIRE

TED AGIAN
YOU MORON AT THE TOP TEFLONDOG IF YOU HAVE 2 OHM LOAD AT THE SUBS AND BRIDGE IT AT THE AMP YOULL GET A 1 OHM LOAD ITS LOVLY HOW ONE F@_^ UP CAN BURN DOWN YOU ENTIRE SYSTEM

zacdavis
ted, your the moron, teflondog is right, you should read up on your skills, no pun intended, just sayin. later

Anonymous
if i got three subs with dual voice coils and a two channel amp is it better to bridge the amp or throw three voice coils in each channel?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us