Wiring of 4 amps?

Username: L7xxkickerxxl7

US

Post Number: 1
Hey guys. im installing 4 amps in my car, an upgrade from one sub amp.

My question is since i have one patch cable(RCA) already ran from my deck into my trunk can i just use short patch cables from there to daisy chain them together or do i need to run a 16' one for each amp?

i know i can chain similar amps but im not sure if chaining a sub amp and component amps and a tweeter amp will make a difference of not?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 265
Y are you using so many amps if you dont mind me asking and also what are you running ???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6717
You can chain all of the amps together that way as long the have RCA outputs.

US

Post Number: 2
Awsome thats what i was hoping to hear.

Umm i have a PAcoustik SL3400D for my 12" kicker L7 solobaric at 1 ohm.

then i have 2 PAcoustik SL2-340's for the front and back alpine components.

and then the 4 ch PAcoustic SL4-680 for my tweeters

i could limit it to 3 amps. but i have alot more control this way. sounds amazing. i really like PAcoustik. its cheap and sounds damn good for the money

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 170
let the flaming begin

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6724
Other than the L7 he doesn't really have any major POS equipment in there........

PA amps suck in quality, but they will do the job while they last.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 448
my poweracoustik amp has been kickin for about ohh 3 years... take care of your stuff and it will last.

US

Post Number: 3
yeah. i mean i know what u guys are sayiing there not top of the line $700 amps but they sound damn good for what they are.

Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 5
poweracoustik are blah but i guess with so many it will do

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5217
the only line i'd consider is the AxxxDB line.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3663
sounds good. I would also recomend using a relay on the rem for that many amps. And think about using a ground D-Block as well to ground all the amps to one spot. less chance of ground loop.

And even if the amps dont have outputs, you can always use Y splitters. so your HU only has 1 pair of rcas out? You may want to think about upgrading the HU if SQ is your main focus. Post a pic when it done.

US

Post Number: 4
yeah i have a ground and power block.

the HU has 3 paired rca outs. thats why im wondering if i can get away with using the amp outputs or if i need to run an a seperate out for each and and then just chain the front and rear 2ch amp together?

and can you explain the rem relay. never heard of one. mabye a link?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6745
I don't think you need a relay on the remote, just wire all the REM terminals together.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2192
I think he'll blow his headunit's remote circuit to kingdom come without a relay.

US

Post Number: 6
lol well now im worried. if theres even a chance of that then let me know what i have to do. id rather spend the extra money then ruin my entire HU

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6748
With 4 amps, no. With 20 amps maybe.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3669
well, lets see. If your HU has a sub out rca, I would use that to run to the sub amp and daisy the speaker amps. Reason being, you can adjust the sub freqs better. depending on HU. Also, you probly could get away with out a relay, but its cheap insurance if you have an expensive HU. Basicaly a relay is a switch. the rem turns it on it off. but the amps get 12 volt power from battery instead of HU. Bosch makes a nice easy one to use.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/electronic_components/electronic_components_cont.htm

US

Post Number: 7
i went to radio shack and picked one up just to be safe. would i need to wire this on a switch or can i avoid that. i have a few free switches that are not connected but are installed so it wouldn't be a problem if i did

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3678
lol. That is a switch. 4 wire hook up. power and ground, then rem in rem out. It will only power when the rem is calling for the amps to come on.Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us