For the thousandth time, don't look at peak power ratings!!!

teflondog
i seem to repeat this a lot to people who are deceived by what their car audio products advertise. so for the people new to car audio, never look at the peak power ratings of amplifiers or subwoofers! these are false and are only a technique used by retailers to sell their products. what you want to look at instead is the rms power. this is the actual rating. amplifiers may claim to put out 1000 watts peak power. but if you look at the rms rating, it might only be 200 watts. same goes for subwoofers and speakers. don't let these retailers rip you off.

Dominic L.
I bought 2 10" audiobahn excursions with 400 rms each for $80 vs. the 2 12" sony xplods i could of bought for $105 with peak power of 1200w, good deal?

Dominic L.
oh and the sony's had 350 rms each.

teflondog
very good deal dominic. you just bought way better subs and even paid less for them. way to go man. by the way, sony sucks for amplifiers and subwoofers. audiobahn makes some of the best stuff out there.

teflondog
i guess a lot of people haven't read this post because there are still many out there who are trying to squeeze their 1000 watts max out of an amp that only puts out 350 watts rms. well, live and learn.

Dominic L.
yah know some people who think they are the sh!t because they got a 2400 watt amp (peaked) that only pushes out 240 rms :( they'll never learn..

teflondog
more and more people are still confused about true wattage ratings. read this thread damn it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us