Kicker zx650.4

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 40
lookin for an amp for fronts rated at 100w rms and rear rated at 90w rms.....looking at kicker zx350.4 for 90x4 rms or zx650.4 for 120x4 rms......would it be better to get the 650 and run it at like 3/4 for longer life? the 350 would be like 50 cheaper though. any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 237
i just got a TMA Amplifier 440.4 for 60 bucks off of ebay NEW heard there good quality , havent installed mine but for that price and from what i herd cant beat it...

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 397
if the 350 is only 50 bucks cheaper...get the 650.4! however both are underrated, dont know by how much but the 650.4 leaves you with more headroom for later upgrades

Silver Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 238
I have had 3 kicker amps two Kicker ZX 1000.1, and a Kicker Zx 650.4. Out of three of them 2 of them broke and i use to LOVE KICKER, the kicker zx 650.4 one day decided to put out no audio(Common Problem with these amps), and the ZX 1000.1 basically lit on fire for no apparent reason ??? That why i said to go with the TMA amp a little bit more power then the 350.4 and i have not herd any problems with them locally or online . PLUS A GREAT PRICE :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1587
Kicker > TMA. Get the 650.4

You should never have the gain more than half way up. FYI.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
im not really positive on what the gain is....noob here...is it how much power is being put out?
how does that relate to the rms?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2039
Different head units will put different amounts of power through the RCAs. Some have high power pre-outs; some have lower power pre-outs. Although they define it with voltage, power is related and will increase with the voltage. So what does the gain adjustment do? Basically you're telling the amplifier how much it should amplify the signal. If you have a higher end deck with 6 volt pre-outs, you won't use the same gain setting as if your deck had 2 volt pre-outs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i have an alpine cda 9884 with 2v preouts....so the amplifier can't amplify the signal as much so the gain will be set lower? am i on the right track?

also what should i be lookin for in an amp kit...4ga?

Silver Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 249
Gain will be set higher since you have a lower Pre out , The higher the pre out the lower the gain will be set, the lower the pre out the higher the gain will be set . If you are ever going to upgrade your system you might as well go with a zero gauge wire, but if your gonna stick with this setup 4 gauge will be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
do i need a "4 channel amp kit" or will any 0/1 gauge work then buy speaker wire?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2045
Yup; that will be fine. You just need to get some RCAs then. Go for twisted pair if you can. Paul Larrea is a trustworthy guy and can hook you up with some 0 gauge for a good price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us