Help connect battery draining Deck

Bronze Member
Username: Lukasz70

Post Number: 52
hello, i have been dealing with some battery draining issues on a new sony deck, everything is connected according to the manual and harness. (Its a Honda prelude). the only wires not connected are the 2 blue remote wires, 1 for amp, and 1 for power antenna, car has a built in antenna in the window and female harness in the car does not have a pin in that location so no need for that wire,

but after reading the sony manaul, here is what it says,

Power antenna:
-it says not necessary to connect this lead if no power antenna, or no antenna booster...
-if car has a built in FM/AM antenna in the rear glass see notes. (MY CAR HAS THE BUILT IN ANTENNA)

NOTE:
-the power antenna control lead supplies 12v when tuner is turned on.
-when car has FM/AM antenna in window, connect power antenna control lead or the accessory power lead (RED) to the power terminal of the existing antenna booster.

ALSO
Yellow Wire= 12v power always energized,
-when yellow lead connected, power will always be supplied to memory circuit even when ignition is off WTF? this would be the usualy channel preset i guess

any suggestions, did i do the install correctly by leaving the remote antenna wire off?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 974
power antenna is ONLY used when u have a power antenna, yellow is the clock wire, your clock typically only gets maybe 4 volts, ur pos and neg get thier typical 12. what u need is to find the acc wire, that controls turning the deck off and on if that's wired to constant 12 volts the deck will drain.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge,, NJ USA !

Post Number: 975
btw u prob don't have a booster like is mentioned so leave that alone, the rd wire they mention that's ur acc that should be wired to a source that gets 12 volts ONLY when the key is on.

Bronze Member
Username: Lukasz70

Post Number: 53
yup red lead (acc) is connected properlly,

i figured i didn't have a booster, thats why no one on the Prelude msg board is answering me lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us