2 alpine 12s type r and 3 rockford fasgate amps need some input

Username: Indoeli211

Post Number: 2
ok ill give as much info as i can ..have a 95 nissan pathfinder all black pretty.
im not car stereo dumbie im not a genuies.need some input as how i should hook this up .. well its hooked up and it pounds but i know can be better.
currntly hooked up as
1 rockford amp (125x4 or 250x2)rms watts`
1 rockford amp (100x2 or 200 x1) rms watts

1 alpine type r is hooked up to the rockford bridge at 200x1 rms thats easy

1alpin type r is hooked up to the other rockford bridged on 2 channels at 250 watts rms

other said of amp at 250rms is 3 6x9s bla
have 4 6x9s to decks bla bla

yes i have a compastor..... wat concerns me is my subs r on differnt wattage my 200 rms amp has no gain well is broken so i cant put my 6x9s on it.... my high put amp jacks r on 1 side of good rockforand low pass amp jack on other side and the pass thru goes to my 200 rockford...

this is the i got a new amp from friend works for free and it has only 1 channle but say
rockford .. (
500x1 at 4omhs and 1000 x1 at 2oms)
has only 1 channel.... oms confuse me tried to read up a lil have a small grasp..

i wanna hook both subs to my 1000 rford but will it sound right with 1 channel atleast wattage will be same and leave my 500 (cause gain r not broken on it) for my 6x9s and leave other channel on it open... drop the 200 rford amp..
so please resond with anything u can tell me bout my new hook up or concerns or oms effect on my 1 channel and hooking up 2 subs ty
sry i drink everclear everynight so i appoligiled for and missprints or miss spells
go cowboys

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13907
ok...what are the voice coil configs on the subs??

because right now, it sounds like you have a huge mess on your hands, no offense...

Post Number: 3
i think they r 4 oms not sure they hit as is but i know they can be better

Post Number: 4
dual voice coils sure u know that

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13908
yea, but are they 2ohms or 4ohms???

Post Number: 5
ithink there r 4 ohms but im not postive do i need look up a numbe ron them or something

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13911
They should be on the subs somewhere, if not do you have a digital multimeter anywhere, u could use it to read the coils of the subs...

Post Number: 6
dont know wat a mutli meter is sry ill go un screw 1 and see if i cant find out brb

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13913
ok

Post Number: 7
ok so i look there are 2ohms by 2 ohms dual
model number 1221d alpine type r 12s

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13915
ok..great now we are getting somewhere....what model RF amp is the new one that you got from your friend

Post Number: 8
rockford fosgate punch x1000.1 didnt se a number on it

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13918
k, if the specs you posted are accurate..go here put in 2 subs with dual 2ohm vc's and wire your stuff like option 2...That way you will get full power out of the amps...

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

BTW: get rid of the cap, and the gain is not a volume knob...

http://www.bcae1.com/gaincon2.htm

Post Number: 9
wow!!! great link they had lott info on them i guess i have them hook up right now at 1 ohms is that bad .... so when i hooj up the new amp rf 1000.1 each speacker will get 250 rms watts each cause the amps says (500x1 at 4 ohms) or will it be 500 rms to each speaker ... so 4 ohms is better cause my speackers r ohms?
ty lots

Post Number: 10
because my speackers are 4 ohms

sry i type messed up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
why is the capmosater bad for my system?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
why is the compatostaor bad for my systenm imm hooking it all up tommrow the way u said!!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1165
Your speakers are Dual 2 ohm, Meaning there are 2 coils that are 2 ohms apiece.

Whenever you wire 2 coils parallel with each other, the impedance/resistance (ohm load) cuts in half.
Now when you wire 2 coils series with each other, the ohm load will double.

Note- the lower the ohm load, the more power/current your amplifier will put out. The higher the ohm load, the less power your amp will put out.

Wiring option #1 is called "parallel wiring", since the coils are wired directly together, parallel with each other.
Wiring Option #2 is called "series wiring", since the coils are now wired on a series-style circuit, not directly with each other.

http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=1& woofer_imp=3

Now after you have each sub wired up to the ohm you want (in your case you want a 4 ohms load, Option #2), you can now wire the subs together. The same thing goes for wiring subs together as wiring coils (since you are really just adding more coils to the equation).

If you wire the subs parallel with each other, the final ohm load will cut in half. If you wire the subs series from each other, the ohm load will double again.

So you will want to wire your subs together to create a "2 ohm final impedance", (which with both of your subs being wired at 4 ohms apiece, wired parallel they will create a 2 ohm load) since that is which ohm load your amp will put out full power.

So in the end, you will wire your subs like the diagram in Option #2 in the link below.
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2& woofer_imp=3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us