Amp for 12" Q

Silver Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 153
Need amp for a single 12" FI Q 2ohm dvc w/ bp option.
anyone know how much rms watts this sub can handle w/ bp option?
I'd like to stay around or below $400 on the amp

thnx fer the help

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3295
USAmps MD-2D

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6356
Audioque 1200d $250

The Q handles 1000w, the BP option is said to add a few hundred more.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6957
^ AQ is the way to go or look on CA.com for a good deal on a used amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Is there any other amps that aren't rated at 14.4v that would put out closer to ~1400w@1ohm?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6376
Umm dude most amps are rated at that........ your excluding a lot of good amps if you're going to discriminate that way.

Besides the AQ amp is underrated a bit, will do a little more power than it claims.

BTW I wouldn't put more than ~1000w on any Q even with BP...... those subs are prone to tinsel slap issues (I wouldn't even buy one for that reason), but most cases where thats happened people were overpowering them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Thanks for the warning on the tinsel slap issue.

My fear of running an amp that is rated at 14.4v is cuz I just had zx2500.1 and spent like $1200 on elec. upgrades trying to get enough power to it, never did so I sold it before I even got to run it. My cars electrical system has a reputation of voltage drop from rolling windows up/down even with a HO alt. My brother-in-law has same car and had to install a hyperground kit just to get his engine to run right. That being said I would never see anything close to expected output from an amp that was rated at 14.4v. Of course as always I'm the newbie so correct me if I'm wrong.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6391
If you have an HO alt and big 3 done you should have no problem powering a 1200w amp.

Now, if if that amp were rated spot on (its actually a bit underrated), it would give you ~1000w at 12 volts, which is the max you want to be putting on a Q anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us