Radio reception on DEH-P690UB

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilmann

Post Number: 18
I just changed my stock radio in my 06 altima to a pioneer DEH-P690UB head unit. The radio reception is now awful. If I move the wires with my hand it comes in and out and if I put it in the best reception spot is goes bad again after driving awhile. What can I do to help it. I need the radio. My stock radio had great reception.
Thanks
Brad

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 43
antenna

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
its an internal antenna

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
its an internal antenna in the car. So how do I change it or what else can i do?
Thanks
brad

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15088
The internal antenna of Nissan Altimas are powered and boosted. You need to get an antenna adapter.

You can't just connect the antenna lead without the power supply to the antenna booster.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Do you know where I can buy that and how does it work I plug it into the head unit then the attenna or what?
Thanks a lot
Brad

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15095
Best Buy, or Fry's or any decent car audio shop should carry it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Is this what I need? Why Do I need that though. The factory antenna plugs into my head unit now. I am confussed because I have always had after market radios and never had to buy one of these and got great reception.

http://cgi.ebay.com/87-06-NISSAN-ALTIMA-INFINITI-RADIO-ANTENNA-ADAPTOR-NEW_W0QQi temZ320218079408QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32812QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15103
The antenna adapter will have a blue lead wire and the will connect to the blue and white power antenna wire output of the stereo you will be using.

This will supply power to the altima's internal antenna.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
If you find one online for a 2006 altima can you please send me the link. Sorry for the trouble, but I can't find one online. Thanks a lot for the help
Thanks
Brad

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15116
http://www.tss-radio.com/nissan-antenna-adapter-kit-p-4070.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15117
Depending on the type of connector you had with the stock radio, try this one too. I know it does not say you need it, but the problem is there.
What these kit makers fail to realize is that they assume that an 06 has an external antenna. More often than not, an internal antenna needs a 12v power supply.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6XRYvt2kZ0/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=12040NI22

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks. I found this one on ebay that looks similar for a lot cheaper. If not will any on ebay work there all like $5 compared to $30+shipping. Where would that one plug into though on a new radio. I don't have any spot for that plug on the second link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTENNA-ADAPTER-NISSAN-ANT03_W0QQitemZ140186945662QQihZ004QQ categoryZ32809QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15131
Sorry Brad, I can't tell you for sure about ebay stuff.

You don't have a Fry's, Best Buy or Circuit City around your area?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Yeah I do about 50 miles away. When I get a chance Ill go down there. Thanks a lot
Brad

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15146
Brad, I just bought that headunit for my son's SUV, how do you like it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I love it other then the radio reception. It is great with an ipod. If I can fix this reception, it will be my favorite head unit yet.
Thanks
Brad

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 83
i have 1 too, and its user friendly, great feature and sq

Username: Croket

Post Number: 1
Hello Brad

I was just wondering if you ever fixed that reception problem, I just installed an aftermarket head unit in my 06 Altima and I'm also having the same exact problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us