Post Number: 1
Alpine MRP M850 Sub Amp any good ?

What Sub would go good with it?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 226
alpine makes nice equipment...what are you looking to acheive?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 338
budget? what do u want? SQ, SQL, SPL?

Username: Rickvl

VancouverCanada

Post Number: 2
Ok I bought the amp and 4g wire kit,installed it today,this amp is very powerful,but my old 10" Infinity Reference 1030w in a bassworks ported box just is not cutting it anymore.I want more bass and louder, at 2ohms the amp puts out 800 watts and puts out 500 at 4 ohms.Is this possible on a reasonable amount of cash.

Thanks.

VancouverCanada

Post Number: 4
Could I replace the 10" sub I have now and use the same box and get better results or should I go with bigger sub 12"

Username: Tweidner674

Post Number: 1
i'm actually thinking about buying this sub. ive been getting different feedback from different people about it tho. i know it gets 800w at 2 ohms. but the 2 subs i already bought (kicker cvr 12s) have each have dual 4 ohms. is it possible to wire the two of those down to two ohms to be compatible with this amp? most people have said yes but i just want to be sure about it.

also: here's the link to it in case anyone needs to see it http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17565

VancouverCanada

Post Number: 5
I Have this amp and it is very powerful and clean sounding I'm very happy with it. and here is a link to help you with your sub wiring.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

Username: Tweidner674

Post Number: 2
that sort of helps but the diagram for a mono amp with two 4 ohm dvc subs says that there's a 4 ohm load on the amp. would i be able to wire the subs down to 2 ohms to get more out of the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 293
richard - you can probably get louder than the infinity 10 for a reasonable price while using the same amp...a lot of it depends on how much space you have for a box and your budget is also a factor.

tim - two dual 4 ohm subs can be wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohm. that amp would not be a good choice because you could only put 500 watts to the pair which is not enough. you should probably look for an amp that will put out 800-1000 rms into 1 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us