Need Help!! Amp has No Sound out of only 1 Channel

Username: Shinji43

Goldsboro, NC USA

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a brand new Thunder Elite 1004 4-channel amp. Got everything all wired up and was testing all the speakers, but my R/F channel has no sound out of it. All I get is a static hummm once hooked up? I tested those speakers on other channels and they work fine, I switched the working other 3 channels to that one channel and I get the same hummm effect out of the speakers. I tested the wires hooked to that channel to the other three and it works fine also. I dont know what else to try, I really hope the amp is not bad brand new. So any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 356
there might be something wrong with the speakers... or take the amp cover off and see if you can find a burn mark somewhere on the internals of the amp, there might have beena short somewhere when you wired it and fried one part of the amp

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3372
sure the rcas are ok? and if its doing it regardless of which speaker, I say the amp is defective. If its new, you should be ok. and warranty will fix it.

Username: Shinji43

Goldsboro, NC USA

Post Number: 2
Ok, found the problem, turns out it was the RCA cable, I accidentally punctured it with a screw while reintalling my door trim. Now next issue, still have a crazy amount of static comming from the speakers, so when there is no audio there is an annoying hummm still going, and its even worse when the car is running, the humm changes pitch with the RPM of the car, kinda strange...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us