Anyone think i'm wrong here?

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 45
i'm 90% positive i want to get the ED Nine.1 for my Fi Q 12. i just like how it does 1200 RMS at 12.5 volts. no electrical system is going to be able to maintain 14.4 volts all the time. 12.5 is more realistic. a lot of people are telling me AudioQue 1200D. that amp looks very nice as well and i'm stuck between it and the Nine.1. Does the AQ come with a remote bass knob like the Nine.1 does? and is there anything bad about the Nine.1 i should consider before purchasing it?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6033
The AQ amps is underrated a little, 1200w is a conservative rating. I'd get the AQ b/c they have a rep for good products and service. Ed, well, ask the guys on SSA about that one.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 48
i just looked over the specs of the ED and then on the AQ and the AQ is better rated. the Nine.1 isnt as efficient and only has a 12 dB where the AQ has 24 dB. what does the amount of dB on the amp do as far as sound goes? i've never undrstood what that was about. i've seen some with 18 dB also.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6036
You must mean the crossover slope? Don't need to be concerned with that.

http://www.bcae1.com/xovrslop.htm

But you're right the AQ is more efficient. The nine.1 efficiency is below average.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13720
I think the ed guys said it was a typo on there site about the effciency of the nine.1...Contact them on the matter

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 50
does the cross over slope create any type of different bass, be it maybe tighter, lower, etc? i wouldn't notice a difference from 12 dB or 24 dB?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6773
"does the cross over slope create any type of different bass, be it maybe tighter, lower, etc? i wouldn't notice a difference from 12 dB or 24 dB?"

That's how fast the slope works basically. It will cut off the frequencies from the point you set it with a -24db slope versus a -12DB slope. Think of it like a slide that drops straight down fast versus a very long slide that gradually or progressively reaches the ground.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 58
if i'm primarily listening to rock type music and the ocassional rap song, which octave slope would be best for me? 12, 18 or 24dB?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6045
Dude, it's not going to matter. Crossover slope is no reason to choose one amp over another.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1886
Your HU might have a crossover, too.

I have a NINe.4 and it's a great amp. All of my experience with eD has been great.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3240
USAmps MD-2D

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 61
alright what does everyone think about US Amps?? I like them. i'm not going to go with the 2D as sugessted though, i think the 1D is plenty, 1200 RMS at one ohm. its 74% efficient at one ohm, thats pretty good. 24 dB octave. nice looking amp, AND a local dealer very close to me sells US Amps so i can pick one up locally. so does everyone like these amps? are they a good choice? good for an Fi Q.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6791
That'd be fine for a Fi Q.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6052
US Amps are great, prob. the best mentioned in this thread

Gold Member

Post Number: 6792
Depends on which US Amps we're talking about though M.S. since they're going to the other side of cheap sh1t with high numbers versus quality. They claim they'll still have their good/great line but I don't like the way it's going but these companies can't sell all high end and expect to make tons of money.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 62
the local dealer who had the MD.1D wanted $520 for it, on sale. that's entirely too much for an amp... i think i'm just going to go with the AQ 1200D. seems to be my best bet. does anyone know where i could find an US amps md.1d at for a decent price? are those amps usually higher priced? i know very little about them but from the specs they seem to be great amps.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6077
They are expensive. The XT series are their low line that Rob's talking about.

The AQ is a good amp at a very good price

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1420
They are selling on eBay pretty cheap. Check out sell iSoldit for the US Amps. I just got an ax-5600 shipped for $321. Fast shipping too, came in original box and was still packaged in plastic in the box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3242
USAmps MD-2D $319 Shipped

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 67
i found an US Amps MD.1D on ebay going for $510 shipped. pretty much same price as in town dealer's price. are these amps REALLY that good, good enough to spend the extra cash for them? or is the difference not really that great to shell out an extra $200+ on?

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 68
who has a MD.2D for $319 shipped??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3244
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/427677.html

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 71
alright Joey, after reading that huge line of posts, i kind of got the idea. i send wooferetc an email asking if they will price match the same amp from the ikesound website? or is there another way of doing it? i would love to get a md.1d at a great price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3254
Email seems to work better for some reason.

MD-1D would be a good match for a Fi Q 12"

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7895
Id get the US amps and I think a 24 db crossover is a big deal over a 12 db for sure from my experience

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 82
yeah i'm pretty set on getting an US Amps amp now. i'm getting the BP option on my Fi Q. i'm not getting so much for the extra power handling options it gives me, but since it does increase power handling, should i stick with the 1200 rms from a MD.1D or get the MD.2D and rock 1500 rms to it?? i mean i want it to sound good and be loud, while still maintaing SQ, but i don't want to take the chance of over powering it and damaging the sub. what should i do??

Silver Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 135
I think 1200wrms is way beyond any SQ use. Bigger amp never hurts, you might want to change subs later or whatever and want a little more power. If you are worried about the power then don't run it WOT. If you can get the extra for little cost then I say go for it and you have less chance of clipping provided you set it up right. Of course 1200-1500 is not that big a difference either.

The steeper slope might help more with a tight sub that peaks just above your crossover point. If you cross at say 80 and your box peaks at 100 it can still play 100 some...the steeper slope will cut that out better. Otherwise it does not matter much. Steeper slopes tend to not blend as well with the rest of system, but for subs in a car I doubt it matters much unless you have a full on SQ system.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 85
i'm not sure what you're meaning by steeper slopes. the dB octave of the amp? what should it be set to? the box im making will be tuned to either 28 or 30 Hz. how will i know what my box peaks at?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7930
"but for subs in a car I doubt it matters much unless you have a full on SQ system."

Thats the reason I like a 24 db crossover better filtering quality but like I said from my experience it's worth it ...plus it says something to me about the quality of the product and attention to detail the company probably spent designing the product but to each his own

Silver Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 136
Higher number just means the crossover cuts faster. Anything just above the crossover point will be cut more and faster than would be with a lower slope. They will blend less into your mids. It will not affect what you box is tuned to, that will be well below your crossover setting. I was just saying if you have a sub setup that makes a lot of midbass it can help you, otherwise it is a matter of what you like for the most part.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Mesa, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 712
so is anybody going to tell us whether or not the audioque comes with a bass knob? (like he originally asked) they mention some kind of dash mounted knob... but they don't say what it IS.

who here owns an audioque amp?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6234
It says right on the website it comes with it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us