HELP!!!Best way to wire this setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Mikejr41888

Post Number: 28
I have 4 dual 4 ohm woofers that need to be wired to an amp that is bridgeable at 4 ohms. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2967
You have to wire to either .5ohm, 2ohm or 8ohm.

What amp do you have? I'm guessing it is a 2 channel since it is bridgeable at 4 ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2969
Just seen your other thread. Wire 2 subs to each channel at 4 ohms. That is your only option. Unless you use only 2 subs and bridge them to 4 ohms.

I would suggest getting a new amp. What subs do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i originally planned to wire 2 subs to each channel but i found out earlier that the negative terminal on the left channel no longer works

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
yes its a two channel.My negative terminal on the left channel doesnt seem 2 be working. I dont want the subs running at 8 ohms so the only option i seem to have is to bridge them at two ohms until i can purchase a new amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2971
If your getting a new amp then just wire them to 2 ohm. The worst that happens is that the amp blows and you are back to being bassless until you get your new amp.

Give it a try and see what happens. I had a audiobahn a8002t that was 4ohm stable when bridged. I wired my 2 dual 2 woofers to it and ran it at 2 ohms for a about 8 months. Then sold the system to my brother who to this day still has the system wired that way. I sold the system to him about 3 months before I joined this forum so that was almost 2 years ago and its still going.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yea its been running at 2 ohms bridged for a couple of hours now the only con is that i have 2 keep the gain low or the amp will cut out for a few seconds at high volumes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us