Post Number: 30
Hello

I finally decided to get a HU. Which would you recommend:
Sony MEX-BT5000 * the best of sony right now*
(Bluetooth,cd)

or

Alpine IDA-X001
(No bluetooth,no cd, for iPod only )

The Alpine is much more expensive with less services. Will I definately get better sound from the Alpine?

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 12
no sony fans in this forum, but i think alpine would be better if you have an ipod, or go pioneer

Bronze Member
Username: Superrober

Post Number: 31
Wow, I see. Not a single comment on a Sony headunit.

I guess I'll stick with Alpine. Thanks !

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 13
ok great, welcome

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
One thing though, Sony is better rated than Alpine on Cnet. Why do you think is that?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 15
those people are not audiophiles, they just like the sony better because of its appearance

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 16
ok im not a sony fan, but i know people that sports them, like the bt5100 and the cdx-gt81UW, and i think their pretty good

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6018
Sony is one of the worst car audio brands ever

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
OOOOK. I think Cnet's reviews are biased.
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Hey M.S. I believe you have a thread about why equalizers should not be used ? Could you post the link?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 303
alpine

/thread

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 21
I went with a 2008 Alpine 9886. It has I-Pod, USB, CD (just in case I actually buy one again) and optional hook-ups for another input which I purchased seperatly. The I-Pod cable is included and the HU will control it. The USB will be used for other MP3 or any other music storage device. I got mine for $300 from Crutchfield with Dash adaptor, wiring adaptor and antena adaptor included. Best Buy had it for the same price without the extra parts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I dont know why anybody is using cd anymore, when it offers the best sq !

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1434
CDs are great.. until they get scratched, or lost.. or stolen. At the cost of CDs when they are stolen it is heartbreaking. When I was carjacked I had over a $1000 in one book, the made me more pissed than the fact that they took my car.

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 23
CD's aren't dead yet since you can still mix your own and copy them on cheaper CDR's. I wanted to keep the CD option since some of my MP3 stuff doesn't always work properly on my MP3 player. Some songs stop in the middle and aren't sorted in any practical way to find them even though most were copied directly from CD's I already own. My comedy CD's don't play in the same order as the original CD versions, which is anoying. Also with such a huge storage capibility of some players, finding just one song to play takes awhile to scroll through. CD's still have benifits. I recently threw away my cassete collection after it was a dust collector for the last 10 years.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1444
Shoulda recycled them. Taken them to an old record store. Some people still them. I am planning on getting an HU with a front usb that way I have cd and MP3 player.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 457
i have a sony im looking to sell with a ipod adaptor thrw me a price its the est sony ive ever seen i read somewhere that it compares to an 880prs pioneer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I imported my cds to itunes with Apple lossless codec and still I cant get the same quality as CDs. I'm not an expert audiophile but after spending so much money on my equipment I feel like hearing anything BUT Cds is a sin !

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1453
CDs are still the best way to go. MP3 and USB is a nice convenience.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
isnt it possible to rip a cid that can hold like hundreds of songs with lossless sound quality without being MP3? Like Blu-ray ?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 35
yes get a hdd, so you can get a thousands songs in audio quality, by the way some of the jvc has built in hdd or giga mp3 which means you can use a 4gb dvd cd for recording your songs in cd quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Well I bought the god damn Alpine 9885. I cant believe my OEM stereo sounded much better !!! The seller keeps telling me "well the Alpine stereo offers a perfect response and frequencies and whatever" but its like Alpine forces me to like the music one way and that's it! You cant force a person to like Picasso! I hate Picasso! I want the music however I want.

Anyway.... I'm sorry, I'm so pissed and they wont offer a refund. Could anyone recommend a stereo with more "audio tunning" options?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1500
9885 is a very functional unit. Have you read the manual and tooled around with it?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 48
well usually those seller are lack of knowledge about car stereos stuff, thats why i dont like going to stores like bestbuy and specially circuit city, they just want you to buy, and when you ask them a real audiophile question, they cant even answer. most of them dont even know the meaning of dsp, LOL. but anyways the 9885 is good enough for you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
The problem with this unit is that you can only manage bass and treble, but no mid equencies! What's up with that!
The seller again tells me is because there's a flat response on mid frequencies so there's no need to alter that area. Is like a brand new car with no cigarette lighter because they think smoking is bad for your health.

Is there a difference because the unit is connected with rca directly to the amp as opposed to the oem unit? I think the oem dindt had rcas so they had to cut the wires and put adapters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us