Any Old School Alpine Experts out there????

Username: Otejunk

Post Number: 1
Hey all - Long time reader, local n00b - Needs your help...

I bought a car with an Alpine deck - the second day of owning the car, the face plate was stolen - in the cubby was an Alpine manual for the stereo that lists 3 type of stereo's on the cover - the CDM7857, CDM7854, and the CDE7853 - I have no idea which unit I had, but it has to be one of the 3 listed.

looking at pictures on the web of the three units, they all look like the connection is in the same location as the one in my car - but I have no idea which stereo model I had - If I purchase a face plate and its not the same one, will it work??? I mean if the connections all line up and the face plates look to be the same, is there something else I could be missing that will not work????

I know that is a silly question, but I cant afford to shell out $$$$$ to purchase a new deck right now and I gots to have tunes...

Can anyone help a brotha out with this info?

Thanks very much in advance....

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 898
pull the unit out and read the label all the units should be marked with a model somewhere.

Username: Otejunk

Post Number: 2
I already pulled the unit out and there is no identification other than a serial number that when I do a search for it, it pulls up the manual with the 3 models on the cover - there is no other markings or identification on the unit - there is a spot that looks like at one time said CD but I cant tell if the next letter is an M or an E- either way there is no full part number or label to be found...
thanks for the replie - anyone else have any ideas? I am more wondering if anyone has ever tried swapping face plates before - like I stated above, they look the same, they have the same connection, they have the same location for the connection and the features are almost moot - any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us