What amp for 60w rms fronts and 90wrms rear

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 11
what amp should i look at buying for front speakers that have 60w rms and rears that have 90w rms? can amps power different channels at different watts?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5163
yes, depending how you wire the speakers. You should consider a 4 channel amp like kicker ZX 350.4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
quick question what does bridged mean? cause it can put out a lot more power bridged

Gold Member

Post Number: 5169
it's using 2 channels of the amp. Kinda like transfering "all" the power to 2 channels or 1.

That's a simple explanation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i think 4 ohms sounds a lot better than 2, but what's the difference?.........also i'm lookin for putting in alpine type x components (60w) and type r coaxials (90w rms)....the kicker zx 350.4 puts out 60w rms, would it make a huge difference since the rears aren't getting as much power, seeing as how the rears don't really matter?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5172
no difference to our ears when wiring at 2-4-8 ohms.

Is efficiency and damping factor that comes into play.

No, it doesn't matter. if i were you i'd only use the components but it's your stuff.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1888
For good imaging, you'll want to attenuate the rear speakers anyway.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
so cam you're saying get the kicker zx350.4, run it at 60wx4 @4ohms so the rears aren't getting as much power as specified but the front components are getting maximum? that makes sense then. thanks. just ordered my alpine cda 9884 hu :-) $165 shipped :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us