Headunit and iPod hook up problem

Username: Krafty1224

Post Number: 6
Heres the dilemma...

I have a 1999 Honda Accord 4-door standard. It came with a AM/FM radio and tape player, no CD player. I installed an after market radio (eclipse cd3100) and that went in fine with no difficulties. The problem is the iPod hook up (IPC-106). Its not just a separate cable which i thought it would be. Its a whole other unit thats just about as big as the head unit its self...

Im not sure where that separate box is supposed to go any suggestions?

I cant do anything too fancy to the car its my first install.

RADIO
http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd/cd3100overviews.html

IPOD ADAPTER
http://www.eclipse-web.com/acce/ipc106.html

THIS IS WHAT MY CAR CURRENTLY LOOKS LIKE
http://www.utdallas.edu/~epb014000/images/dash.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1309
You can just put the ipod adapter to where ever you have room. like underneath the whole center counsel, or in the glove box.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 875
ah very simple my man i did this to a pioneer in the gf's car it looks exactly like your adapter. heres the simpleist way. put it in behind the head unit and velcro it somwhere up in the below or what ever. make sure it's all wired and pluged in the box will need power and clock plus ground just hook it where the head unit goes. now lastly run the ipod cable into the glove box snake it through when the head units out before u put the head unit in. this is the easiiest way to keep the ipod out of the sun and prying eyes plus make it look clean. the ipod can be left in the glove box while in operation all should be able to be controlled from the headunit. but the downside usualy the ipod hook up like this is a big pain in the azz to navigate.

Post Number: 7
thanks guys, doesnt it just need to be pluged into the head unit? i think that will give it power and use the same ground that the headunit has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
nah unless that box is wired diferently then pioneer it needs all 3 clock, power, grnd. on pioneers it has those 3 plud s purple square plug callled serial bus that plugs into the head unit. then a plug for the ipod. but best bet follow the instructions it's what the smart guys do good luck, anymore questions just ask.

Post Number: 9
will i need to buy these separately?

Silver Member

Post Number: 895
buy what? the box comes with all that.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 251
no it should have came with everything if you bought it new, what i did with my pioneer adapter cd-ib100ii was ground same as HU, splice power wire into the same as HU, ran the wires thru center console, put the square little black box under my driver seat, then ran the ipod wire to the middle console armrest thing and thats where i kept my ipod. very easy

Post Number: 10
how do you ground into the headunit?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 262
use the same ground as the headunit like i think you said. ur cars wiring harness probably has a black wire just splice the adapter ground wire into that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
so ground the ipod hookup to the same ground as the harness? wont that tamper with the ground of the headunit?

also same thing with power if i splice into that wont i cut off power from head unit?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 296
"so ground the ipod hookup to the same ground as the harness" exactly. and no because i did it to my premier 780mp and it worked fine. trust me bro. just buy the splice connector, you can get it at walmart. lil blue clip with two holes n 2 metal clips in the middle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
alrigth ive figured out all the wireing, now the last thing is the actual unit where can i hide that, and do i just drill a hole and wire the ipod into the glove compartment

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 331
run the wires thru the middle console, put the unit under the driver seat n den run ipod wire to the middle armrest and then put your ipod in there. thats where mine is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i looked at that but i couldn't figure out how to take the middle console apart... i found two screws in the side of the panels when i moved the seat up...up i unscrewed them and couldn't get anything apart.... any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 908
yea see if you got room behind you head unit and slip it back there like i did and then drop the ipod wire into the glove box it's easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us