Build My System $300.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_b

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 23
Income taxes just came in and im going to upgrade my stock everything in my 1990 Mazda Protege w/o power antenna . For the Head Unit i was looking at the Pioneer DEH-P3900M. Im not going to upgrade the rear speakers, just the fronts so i figured i would want a decent component set. i also need a couple 12" subs. What would you go with if you were going to spend 300 bucks on stereo equipment? IDeas?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5830
A good HU, speakers and amp, and subs + sub amp, and box is going to cost a lot more than $300

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 24
no kidding? wow didnt know that! (sarcasm) what front speakers would you recommend also a head unit?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 148
Ok well first of to get anything decent it is going to be used, a pair of 12 with a box i would be looking for a pair of CVR 12 with a basic enclosure for around 100 if you can find it local. H/U you could go pioneer 2800MP Used of ebay for less then 45 bucks shipped . Amp Kit basic 8gauge kit ebay for 25 shipped .Now for the amp get a refurbished kicker 750.1 for 140 shipped. So your total is 310 . That the only thing i can think of for such a smal budget.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 864
uhh no go 4 guage on amp wire 8 guage is not safe for 750 rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
i'll tell you right now to get anything new even a site i visit often online car stereo which has the best prices i seen anywhere. even then u can do roughy 300 on subs and a amp alone and expect another 250 for a hu. i tried to do a few combos but everything your asking for 300 is not going to happen unless u want some crap to get you by.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 25
NEW QUESTION. if you were upgrading everthing from stock and you had 300 bucks what would you buy in the line of HU speakers ....so on so for?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 149
This is the same question just rephrased , So Same answer .

Bronze Member
Username: Artemis88

Post Number: 15
my answer would be to save up more money cuz wasting 300 bucks on that wouldnt be worth anything...

Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 9
save more cash, so you can get better system

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 250
you cant get anything decent with just $300. lol

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 28
Well i bought the Pioneer DEH 5900iB last night and hooked it up, sounds amazing. now all i need is some good components to work with and a set of subs. I already have a bandpass box. I still have 300 bucks too work with !

Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 10
thats great, now just get some good components, you can forget about the subs right now, component are more important and amp to power it

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
btw don't use the bandpass build one new to the woofers specs. i learned the hard way that if you want great bass you need a custom box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us