Need help choosing an amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Blaaaahhhhh

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 17
alright i have great news, im selling my old crapy sony explode amp and am planning on gettin a bigger two channel amp but i need help choosing it. i have 2 pioneer premiers rms for both put together is 800 peak is 2400 and i want these subs to BEAT!! im looking to spend about 200 to 250 for the new amp.so any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5797
You need a mono subwoofer amp not a 2ch amp

What ohms are the subs

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 18
im a newb but i know they are 4 ohm and they have 2 pos and neg posts and rite now from wat the guy at sounds great told me, i have them setup 4 ohms i have it wired with pos from the amp goin to pos on one voice coil and neg from the amp to the neg on the other voice coil and then i have a wire goin to the open pos and neg left over connecting the two voice coils. this is the way both subs are connected

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 19
im a newb but i know they are 4 ohm and they have 2 pos and neg posts and rite now from wat the guy at sounds great told me, i have them setup 4 ohms i have it wired with pos from the amp goin to pos on one voice coil and neg from the amp to the neg on the other voice coil and then i have a wire goin to the open pos and neg left over connected. this is the way both subs are connected

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5802
So are they dual 4 or dual 2?

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 20
they're dual 4

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 22
well i found this mtx amp single channel and all its rms is like 1500 and peak is like
3000 would that work, its a mtx TA81001

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 305
1. i wouldnt go with an MTX amp. i just dont like them and a lot of my friends have owned them and then changed amps in the first month for something better.

2. 1500rms is TOO much to give those pioneers. a RF T10001bd would suit them much better and is of WAY better quality

3. NEVER look at peak/max watts. it means nothing. ALWAYS look at the rms wattage. thats what really counts.

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 23
well where can I find one?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5809
That RF amp will do do more power than the MTX, at least 1500w. The RF amp would work but it's expensive and power power than you need. Those amps are WAY underrated.

I'd get a Sundown SAE-1000d or Audioque 1200d

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 24
well I looked at the sundown and its like 399.00 from sundownaudio.com and I can't find the pricing for the audioque because the price isn't listed on the site, but I don't think I can convience myself to spend 400 dollars on an amp rite now because I'm kinda having and issue with money rite now, but I love that sundown amp its really sharp, the only reason I said something about that mtx amp is because I was on sale on a discount audio site its was really cheap

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 287
the sundowns are 300 thats what i got mine from low-hz.com just email kevin holden

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 25
the SAE 1000d is listed at 399 in other words 400 dollars that I don't have to spend I didn't see it listed as 300 on their unless I was looking in the place but I went to that link you said you got yours for 300 and everything

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5818
Email kevin if you want the Sundown, he sells them cheaper

But I'd get the Audioque for best, price vs. quality. The price IS on their site, $279

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Superrober

Post Number: 25
You guys are so lucky, in my country you have to pay at least $500 for the amps you are talking about.

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 26
alright, so you think the IS is better than the sundown? i mean i can spend the extra 20 dollars for a better amp

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5828
IMO they are both pretty much on the same level of quality (very good)

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 27
is the audioque a 2 channel amp cause I mean I looked at pictures and it looked like it had 2 channels..I }

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5140
no, it's monoblock it's just for wiring issues, it really saves the day

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 28
well how many watts would really be getting off the SAE 1000d ? is it under rated like rockford fosgate's stuff?}

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 29
ehh nevermind, I'm juss gonna go with the adioque like m.s. said its cheaper and theirs gotta be a reason he said to get it instead of the sundown, sorry for all the trouble though, and thanks for all the help.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5839
Both of those amps are accurately rated, 1000w for the Sundown and 1200w for the AQ

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 30
its alrite, I'm juss gonna take your advice and get the aq, sorry if I seem stuborn, I juss wanna get the best quality for the best price..thanx for all your help.}

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5844
Of course, we all do......... if I needed a 1000-1200w amp right now, the AQ is the one I would buy

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 34
alrite man well I understand that, its ok I'm gonna get the aq and I'm sorry if I made you madd man, I can't wait to get it!!its gonna be awesome..

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 319
i just realized i said the RF T10001bd lol i mean the T5001bd.

im all late

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 35
aahhhhh, I found a T5001bd for like $173, but I don't know how many watts the rf puts out. since the rf10001bd puts out an extra 500 I was wondering if the rf5001bd puts out 1000???

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5873
No. That amp will do between 700-1000w. You don't know until you see the birthsheet for the specific amp.

Bronze Member

Warrior, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 36
well I could get 2 rft5001bd's for $346 for both of them together. should I do that or juss get the audio que?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1325
Those are good amps, but they would be overpowering those subs tremendously. Not to mention, you'll need more wiring, RCA's and power to feed them.

I'd get the AQ.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 322
stick with 1 good amp. the AQ will suit those subs fine.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5878
Agreed, also 2 of the RF amps would not work as you would have the wrong impedance (ohms)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us