Whacky amp

Bronze Member
Username: Jeld135

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 19
I have a alpine mrp-f250 amp for (4) 6x8 pioneer coaxil speakers. the problem I am having is that only the outside part of the speaker is working and not the inside part so i cannot hear any words. All that the speakers produce is what I think is called the "midrange" sound. anyone know what the problem is and if it is fixable?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1459
sounds like you may have your low pass filters turned on. Make sure both "filter" switches are turned to off, or with 6x8's you may want to set them to "HP" and in the 60-100hz range.

Bronze Member

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 21
I looked on my amp and both lp filters are off. Any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5134
have you tried without the amp?

Bronze Member

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 22
yea im running the speakers directly off the HU now and they work fine.

Bronze Member

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 23
yea im running the speakers directly off the HU now and they work fine

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1462
what HU?
does it have an on-board subwoofer filter you might have activated?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 860
the center is a tweter, one idea might be that they are 3 way speakers or 2 way but are you hooking them up to the same way to the hu as the amp? if so what's alllllllll the sttings on your amp set at next what's your hu's low pass and high pass filters set at. next what's your hu's brand and model. give us all that info and we should be able to give you a answer no problem.

Bronze Member

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 25
I have a Pioneer DEH-P5900IB. The lp, hp and bass eq settings are all turned off on my amp. I never changed any of the settings on my HU so they are all default.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 862
hmm i can only give a few answers. is your rca's all plugged in tight to the hu and the amp? if all those amp settings are off mess with the high pass filter only and see where you get. after looking at the specs are u bridgeing or one speaker per channeling the amp? if so this could be your problem. as this amp offers 2 ch mode to power 2 speakers an bridge the other 2 channels to run 2small subs. 4 ch will run 4 speakers so what way are you wired? also what you describe sounds like the amp is plugged into the sub woofer port of the head unit so check that to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us