Zx750.1....

Bronze Member
Username: Stevil

Post Number: 11
For a 10" L5 in a 1.75 cu. ft. ported box? It is a dual 2ohm. How will this sound? Also is $169 a good price for this amp refurbished? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5299
How will that sound? Bad. L5s and L7s have bad SQ........

Thats a good amp though, underrated where you will get close to 1000w from it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Im not really looking for sq... Just loud and clear bass....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I probably will switch to a 12" W6 in the near future.. Would this amp push that sub well?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1126
That amp will push the L5 fine.

That amp will hurt the W6.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
What sub would you recommend as a replacement with that amp?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1127
How much money, and what kind of sound (SQ,SQL,SPL)?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3161
Wire the Kicker L5 10" D2 to a 4ohm load and you will be fine.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

When you decide to change your sub out make sure you get a dual 4ohm sub for that ZX750.1 so you can use all the power the amp has.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Somewhere around $200. I dont have a lot of space so I only want to run one 12". I can get a L7 in a ported box for 125.. Is that a good setup with the zx750?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1129
Yeah it will have bass. You threw me off because you said something about switching to a W6 later which is essentially an SQ sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3162
Scratch the Kicker solos and get this sub it will bang on that amp and its under your budget so with the rest of the money you can build a custom box for it.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16056

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I have a 10" L5 running off a punch 500a2 right now. I had it wired to 1 ohm for a while and either the sub or the amp wont do it anymore. I wired it for 4 ohms and the speaker sounds fine although underpowered. I want to upgrade without spending a grip and I appreciate all your help... Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3163
The punch 500a2 is 4ohm stereo,2ohm stereo,4ohm mono bridged so thats why.

That sub will be fine on the amp you have now. Subs can take more power than they recommend if its unclipped power.(clean power)

Take a look at the Soundstream t4-12" I posted above it will match up great with the ZX750.1 and they are cheap at the moment so if I was you I would jump on it.

What size box is the L5 in right now?(Sealed or vented if vented what is the box tuned at.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Its in a 1.75 cf ported built from Kickers manual specs. It sounded REAL nice for a while and all of a sudden it sounds like a 6x9. It was wired 2ohm and my amp would be smokin hot. It barely gets warm now that its wired at 4ohm. Is this an amp or sub issue?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I dont know if this matters but my 500a2 is OLD. Like 10 years. I had a 10" L7 in a 1 cf sealed box for a couple years and loved it but fried one of the tinsel leads. I was told this was because of underpowering and too much gain.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1130
Underpowering and too much gain is Lehmans terms for clipping. That will destroy the voice coils.

That amp is stable at 4 ohms bridged and you were giving it an impedance lower than that, so that is why it started to crap out on you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Okay.. Well I will try the zx750 on my L5 for now. Will it hit hard with a 4ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 132
YES, it will still hit very nice . I have a zx1000.1 at 4 ohms and still hits very hard .

Silver Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 265
subs need to be round..anyways...hoolywood, can you utilize that extra amp I have?

Username: Oreos

Tallahassee, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
I would use a kicker cvx124 with the kicker amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us