Custom enclosure QUESTION

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 13
Hey, I have been piecing my system together now for around a year. I have A LOT of money wrapped up in it now. It sounds great and probably can't get any better as far a SQ and SPL mixed. I never hound when I'm getting ready to park or come home. I have an alarm. Yeah, it gives me a good sense of security, but when I lived in Cali, one of my old friends was an artist when it came to taking systems. Alarm or not, he was fast and never got cought. It makes me 2nd guess that, so how much do you guys think it would be for like a custome enclosure? Range?? I've been looking at them online on some sites and they look nice and also impossible to steal. Or, any cheap ideas to make a system pretty much impossible to steal. (I'm not screwing down to plywood, that wouldn't work) Thanks, Nick.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1073
Custom enclosure for what? HU? If that the case, just take your faceplate and that'll deter most all thieves.

Other than that keep on being vigilant and not bumping where you shouldn't be.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 20
No, not the HU I always take that off before I park anywhere, even in my garage. I mean the SUbs and amp...custom enclosure. So they can't get stolen pretty much. How much do you think it would cost to have it where when you open my trunk alls you see it a sub wall with my w7 in the middle and having the amp under where the spare tire goes and you can only see the top of the amp through the plexiglass.?????

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 12
Many speaker boxes can be made tougher to steal if you bolt them down from the inside, then mount the speakers. It will take much more time to remove the speakers if you use screws with less common heads. My speakers will be bolted in with alan heads instead of the much more common phillips heads. With cordless drills so cheap and easy to carry, even a thief would make quick work of philips screwed speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1351
Just make a false floor. Seems relatively simple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us