1997 Toyota Camry SPEAKER SIZE

Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 6
Hello. The people in the install bay at Best Buy say that my front speaker size is 6 3/4". The computer says that they are 6 1/2". These two sizes are so close and does anybody know what I need to buy before I do so. I am going to check out some interrior speakers tomorrow, so any advise would help. I like to straight crank the shi* up and I don't want any distortion. Price rage around $90.00. Also the same suggestions for 6x9. Best bang for the buck. Thanks, Nick.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3585
Your stock speakers are 6.5" with a 6.75" opening. < Thats the size of the hole the speaker fits into (door hole). If the new speakers don't fit in perfectly, you'll need speaker adapters (if you can't use your stock ones). Which will fill up the gaps on the sides.

All speakers will give you a clean response. You just need to have the right settings. Check out woofersetc.com or sonicelectronix.com for speakers. If you have to buy at best buy, give us your options as to whats available to you, and we can help narrow your selections down.

Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks, it my girlfriends car and I didn't know. Just wanted to make sure. I installed some alpine type S in there. They sound goog, but, I think they seem tight or something. Hopefully they just need to break in..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us