New amp - no wires

Username: Fun_govenor

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I Just bought this amp for a pair of 12" subs :
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=110&id=whats_included&i=110JXP720

It was a floor model with just the amp. Is there any hope of hooking this up with high level inputs?

Here is a link that shows the side of the amp : http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/110/x110jxp720-i.jpeg

Thanks! Matt

Username: Spenser309

Coppell, Tx USA

Post Number: 1
go to whereever u bought it, then go to the place where they install everything and i bet u 50 bucks that they have one laying around that u can have. but remember high level inputs = piece of s*** quality

Username: Fun_govenor

Post Number: 3
I found it on line for 30$ so there is no chance of getting the wires from there. Maybe ill just relist it. Also, I have a Saturn Ion with a 160-watt advanced audio system. I am just looking to add some bump to the equation. There is an factory amp in the trunk. Could I tap into that?

M@

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 29
well, does your stereo have rca outputs? that's all you need to know about whether you can hook it up or not.

buy an amp wiring kit. it will have rca cables, a remote wire, power and ground cables, a fuse and fuse holder. but you will need to buy speaker cable separate from the kit to run from the amp to the subs.

if your factory amp has rca outputs, then you can just run rca's from that amp to your new one. or just use the stereo's rca's if it has 'em and the factory amp doesn't.

if by some chance neither the stereo or amp have rca outputs you might have to reconsider and try to get a different amp with speaker level inputs. that means that you can just hook the factory speaker wires into the amp. good luck with it all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us