Specing a complete new system

Username: Nicholixc

Post Number: 1
I am specking out a new system for my car and am unsure if the amps will be sufficient to power the speakers. The subs are a pair of Audiobahn AWC10T which I was planning on powering with a Audiobahn A8002T. I was planning on wiring the voice coils in series so the load on the amp was only 2ohms. For the speakers I was planning on using a pair of Audiobahn ABC5002V and Audiobahn ACS2050N for the rear. These would be powered by 2 AUDIOBAHN A4002T.

Also I am assuming I will need a capactior as well but am unsure of what size would be sufficient. Any help or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 2
I meant to say i was planning on wiring the coils in parallel to achieve a 2 ohm impedance

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5622
"Any help or recomendations would be greatly appreciated."

best recommendation i would give is to not buy a cap. or any of that audiobahn crap. post a budget for everything and you'll get recommendation for a better system.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 993
^^^ X2 on the cap and Audioburn.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1178
x3 on that

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 336
all in favor of no cap and no audiobahn say "I"

Post Number: 3
alright no audiobahn seems to be the trend, the system is for a bmw 325i convertible, the speakers are 5 1/4, the car has an aftermarket deck but the stock speakers suck. I was trying to keep it at a budget of around $600.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5041
i

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 137
i 2

I would recommend planning for the long term. If you're planning to use this setup for the meantime whilst you save for something better then your better off just sufferring through the standard sounds till you got money to but what you really want
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us