Two amp problems

Username: Zaggreen

Post Number: 1
I have two mtx 4202 amps and two alpine 10 inch subs. I have each amp wired to one sub. (one amp for each sub) I am running a 4 gauge wire from the battery to a distribution box, and two 8 gauge wires from the box to the amps. everything turns on just fine, but it seems as if i'm not getting enough power. when both subs are on, they are really quiet. One sub by itself is louder than the two. If i turn the gain on one amp down, the other one gets louder. how can i fix this?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 158
Check the Polarity of the subs. They could be out of phase.

Anonymous

swap speakers and see if the problem follows that speaker. I had a bad speaker once that did the same thing.

Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 1
I also have a proble with hooking up a 2nd amp to my subs. I just got a 250 watt amp to hook up to my 12s just to give them some extra boost, but i dont know how to hook up the RCA's. The power, ground, and remote seem to be no problem, but i just cant figure out how to hook up the RCA's. If anybody could tell me that would be very helpfull.

Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 2
I also have one more question i'm hoping could get answered. If i succefully get my 2nd amp hooked up, would i be able to bride it ? my other amp is running is stereo, and my subs are 4 ohms a peice, and my other amp you cant bridge it or it will shut down after like 2 minutes, but my new amp is 2 ohm stable, so i was just wondering if that would mess anything up.

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 81
you dont want stereo for 2 subs, you'l lose loads of SPL run the amp in mono if you can

Post Number: 2
Is there really no one out there that can help me on this? I would realy appriciate any advice. any at all.

Anonymous

check for voltage drop when running two amps as compared to just one. And dont be a smart *ss these people who posted advice are trying to help

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 174
Its probably to much current needed and not enough (from the car) to give. Get a better battery. Also check you ground. Yes, it may seem stange but use thick wire for the ground and make sure you sand paint off around the ground contact. The better attached the ground the better power you get (i speak from expeiance).

Post Number: 3
sorry people, i wasn't trying to be a smart a$$. i am just desperate for help. thanks for the suggestions!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us