JL 500/5 & HCCA 250R FUSE RATE AND AMPERAGE

Username: Zx11_rider

PHOENIX , AZ USA

Post Number: 3
HI I HAVE THIS AMPS TO GO IN TO MY 94 MAZDA B2300 EXT-CAB I GOT 1 10"4 OHM DVC ALPINE TYPE R TO RUN OF THE JL 250 RMS SUB CHANNEL AND 2 15" MB QUART PWE354'S 4 OHM DVC THEY ARE RATED AT 700 W RMS I WILL BE INSTALLING A PUNCH CPCC2 100 FARAD CAPACITOR BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE FUSE TO USE WITH AT BATTERY AND WHAT FUSE FOR THE ORION HCCA 250R AT DIST. BLOCK? ALSO I HAVE A LIGHTNING AUDIO 200AMP CIRCUIT BREAKER THAT I BOUGHT LONG TIME AGO IS IT BETTER THAN A 200AMP FUSE? I WILL BE POSTING PICTURES OF MY PROGRESS IN THE INSTALLATION A S A P

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1416
Please don't use all caps. The capacitor won't be of that much help to you, sell it. Mixing sub sizes will be more work than it's worth to do properly. Decide between the 10 or the 15s.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 798
^Second that

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 799
also IMO, fuses are better than the circuit breakers. I bought one for my install and it wouldn't even fit my 0gauge wire (bought 200A breaker). Also, after trying to force the wire in, the breaker broke in pieces. Just stick with fuses.

PHOENIX , AZ USA

Post Number: 4
OK WHATIS THE IMO FUSE? IS IT LIKE WAFFER FUSE? (BLADE)

PHOENIX , AZ USA

Post Number: 5
THEY WILL BE RUNNING FROM DIFFERENT AMPS , WHAT I MEANT WITH THE 1 10" ALPINE SUB RUNNING OF THE JL AMP AT 4 OHM LOAD AND THE 2 15" SUBS RUNNING OF THE ORION HCCA 250R AT 1 OHM LOAD MY REST OF SPEAKERS ARE ALPINE 6 1/2 TYPE R COMPONENTS (FRONT ) AND ALPINES 6X9 TYPE R (REAR)

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1417
Stop with the capitals!

When you post something typed legibly, I will read it and try to help you.

PHOENIX , AZ USA

Post Number: 6
they will be running from different amps, what I meant by 1 10" sub running of the jl amp sub 5th. channel at 250 rms at 4 ohm load and the 2 15" subs running of the orion hcca 250r at 1 ohm load the rest of my speaker are alpine type R components in front and 6x9 in rear thanx for the help

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5028
Don't mix different subs in the same system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us