Need amp/sub advice

Username: Killa_red

Greenwood, Mississippi U.s

Post Number: 3
hi wolf I have a sony 1600(max)mono subwoofer amp Is this a good amp? and do you think 2 kickerL7 solo baric 12s or 2 jlw/7 12s would sound better or another type of speaker

Robert j
Unregistered guest
First off that amp sucks. and if you have the money to buy JL W7's then why did you buy a $200 sony amp. But the W7's will sound a whole lot better.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 152
I like JL's W7 subs better than the L7's. The square subs just sound weird to me. If you get a W7, you need a much better amp to push it with than the Sony. Another issue with Sony and other brand amps matched with JL's W7 line is wired for a 3 ohm load, so you'll need to spend more money on an amp that'll push the recommended wattage at a 3 ohm load.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
and if you don't wont to buy a amp that is stable at 3ohms( because they are pricey) you could get a amp that is stable at 2ohms and that way you won't hert the amp giving it a 3ohm load. but by giving it 3ohms you will on get about 750rms out of a 1000rms amp stable at 2ohms.

But it would be best to get a good amp because with a amp like sony your just throwing away some of that great sound that a W7 can deliever.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us