Finaly Done and Over!

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 791
So earlier this morning, I was finally able to manage my enclosure into my trunk, and wire everything into place. Started up my Grand Prix and everything is working fine. The ASA has a pretty sweet blue LED light on it that lights up my whole trunk, the SE's really pound, and the HO Alt I got from DB is working perfect.

Although when listening to the SE's, I found a spot where air is escaping from the enclosure, so i'll have to seal that up when I get some more free time.

I do have one question about my SE's though. Ive noticed that the SE's are really good at picking up really low notes, but they arn't so good at picking up any other notes!

Could this be because of the length of my port? Or even how I have my amp tuned?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5089
post specs of the box joe. Thanks man for all your questions and posts about your setup, i'm really considering an upgrade to powerbass... OMG that benchtest showed i wasn't wrong lol.

Post the result on the benchtest thread

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 607
Where is your LPF set to?

How much are DB alts, im looking into one in the future (next car).

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 792
I was able to get my 200 Amp alt from DB for about $245 shipped. Got to me in 3 freakin days!

Right now, my LPF is set all the way down. I was tuning my amp, but no matter where I had the LPF and Sub Sonic, the SE's still seemed the same way. That is why I think it might have something to do with the enclosure.

bench test results on my ASA1500.1D amp:

1434 @1ohm
728 @2ohm
371 @4ohm

Enclosure Specs:

2.5 Cu Ft
Tuned around 34/35 Hz

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 793
Upload