Rockford Amp Problem

Username: Bear5054

Post Number: 1
Hi guys, I bought a Rockford 401s from a friend of mine and hooked it up to a set of MTX Thunder 5000's and it pounded fairly good for a short while then it died. I didn't realize that my "bud" did not put a inline fuse by the battery, he just hooked it straight to the battery. Anyhow, the light was coming on on the amp but no output. I took the bottom cover off of the 401s and found that two little electronic things were blown. there is two rows of these things on each side of the amp and one on each side is blown. From my "c.b" days, i think these things may be finals.... can these be replaced or is my amp junk? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 25
take your amp to a shop to see if it can be fixed, or you could just call one and ask. you could probably explain it a little better by talking to some one. maybe your buddy would chip in if it could be fixed. the amp could still be under warranty, so check that out, too. but i doubt that it will be now because it wasn't installed by a certified technician and that will usually void the warranty. good luck. and your friend is an idiot.

Username: Bear5054

Post Number: 2
Yeah, I'll take it to a shop and see what's up with it. Thanks for the input, and Yes..... My bud is an Idiot. :-)

redd
Unregistered guest
hi wolf I have a sony 1600(max)mono subwoofer amp Is this a good amp? and do you think 2 kickerL7 solo baric 12s or 2 jlw/7 12s would sound better or another type of speaker

Unregistered guest
hi wolf I have a sony 1600(max)mono subwoofer amp Is this a good amp? and do you think 2 kickerL7 solo baric 12s or 2 jlw/7 12s would sound better or another type of speaker

Username: Killa_red

Greenwood, Mississippi U.s

Post Number: 1

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 164
If i was you i wouldnt take it to the shop. Call Rockford (go to the website and make sure you dial the right number) The guys down at Rockford are very nice. They will issue you a number. Ship it to the factory and they will fix it for you. Rockford stands behind there products. If you go to a shop they will tell you there is nothing they can do even though there is. They just want you to buy from them.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 28
actually patrick is right. call em and ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us