Need Help with amp.

Username: Rmike21561

Maryland USA

Post Number: 3
I have two Alpine 1241 type Rs. They are both DVC 4ohm subs. I have a Soundstream RUB 600.4 powering them now. I want to buy either a 2ch or mono block amp to power them and put the 4ch to the mids and highs. What kind of amp should I go with? I was thinking of a Soundstream RUB 500.2 but someone told me I need an amp that is 1ohm stable. Please Help.

Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 3
I'm pretty sure if you have 2 4 ohm subs you will have to get a 2 ohms stable amp if you want to bridge it. I'm not gonna say that for sure but i'm pretty sure

Username: Rmike21561

Maryland USA

Post Number: 4
They are DVC subs though. Does that matter? I was told by someone else that with two of these I could only get a 4 or 1 ohm load....depending on how I wired them.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 189
Yes, it matters. You'll need either a 1 ohm stable mono amp, or a 2 channel that will put out the recommended power at 4 ohms bridged. You can only get a 1 or 4 ohm load.

Username: Pdivvy5

CT United States

Post Number: 4
I was wondering what kind of amp would go well with my JL 12's...an amp under 250 would be nice...please help

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 195
What line of JL's?

smokeit
Unregistered guest
anybody familiar with directed 1100d mono amp. i have one and not sure which sub i should go for. planning on getting an eclipse cd player and willing to spend aroun 1200 all together. i have been looking at diamond audio and jlw7. peaked my head in on kiker solobarics but not sure thats my cup of tea. anybody have suggestions or comments. would appreciate it.i have a 2000 civic if that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us