Lightning Audio

Yoman
Unregistered guest
Are their amps any good? They are made by Rockford Fosgate I think.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3250
RF owns the company, but Lightning's amps and speakers are about as low end as it gets in all honesty. I'd be a bit wary of them.
Their power distribution stuff is alright, but most of that is outsourced anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 150
Its not something RF is proud of but its there way to apeal to people that can afford there high end stuff- its better than Audiobahn (like anything is)

Bronze Member
Username: Kragan

Post Number: 11
I have 2 of their amps. The bolt series (the lowest they make). I used one to push a set of RF 5.25" components and the other to push a set of pioneer 4 way 6"x9" in my old Honda Civic Ex and they worked really well for that. They are 75watts x 2 @4 ohm. I think the model is B150.2. Currently they are not installed because I just got a new ride, but I will put them in when I get around to it. I never had any problems with them and have had them for well over 2 years now. I do have the optional cooling fan on each one, not sure how much that really helps, but hey I got everything at cost so I figured why not.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 159
Kyle, Thats great! Rockford does make great AMP no matter which line you by from.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us